• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

Has anybody used the OnVolume I2C event on the Amanero? How does this work? What triggers this event? Is it a volume change in the software of the programme e.g. Foobar? I currently use an Arduino to change the registers/volume in my ES9018 based DAC but would like to reduce the component count and get rid of the Arduino and use the Amanero for all the I2C Register control. How can I implement volume control using the Amanero board?

I will be grateful if someone share his experience with i2c output of the board:

I'm trying to send i2c commands to dsd1974 dac, but unfortunately without success. Is there something specific in the data format of the config tool ? In my case i'm sending per example (copied from the Combo384.ini) :
[OnDSD64]
p0_Address=0x99
p0_Register=0x14
p0_Value=0x30

but these values are not transmitted on the i2c output (i'm monitoring the output with signal analyzer - only few clock cycles and 2-3 bits are going on event) Currently i'm using CPLD and Firmware version 1080.
Thank you in advance!

I will be grateful if someone share his experience with i2c output of the board:

I'm trying to send i2c commands to dsd1974 dac, but unfortunately without success. Is there something specific in the data format of the config tool ? In my case i'm sending per example (copied from the Combo384.ini) :
[OnDSD64]
p0_Address=0x99
p0_Register=0x14
p0_Value=0x30

but these values are not transmitted on the i2c output (i'm monitoring the output with signal analyzer - only few clock cycles and 2-3 bits are going on event) Currently i'm using CPLD and Firmware version 1080.
Thank you in advance!

The I2C address in the Amanero needs to be the 7bit equivalent rather than the traditional full eight bit addrees.
For 7 bit I2C address i mean that you need to get the I2C address without the R/W bit example you have 0x90 this is an I2C address composed by
[7bit] +[R/W] = 0x90 in the tool you need to insert as address only the [7bit] part so 0x48
Try 0x4C for address.

Last edited:
The I2C address in the Amanero needs to be the 7bit equivalent rather than the traditional full eight bit addrees.
For 7 bit I2C address i mean that you need to get the I2C address without the R/W bit example you have 0x90 this is an I2C address composed by
[7bit] +[R/W] = 0x90 in the tool you need to insert as address only the [7bit] part so 0x48
Try 0x4C for address.
Works like a charm now! Thank you! Cheers!

I have tried to feed my Stello DA100 dac with the I²S out of the Amanero but it doesn't work. The alignment/pin-out is correct but still it doesn't work. The lock led is not on and there's is no audio signal.
What could be wrong?
According to the manual 'Stello DA100 Signature takes the I²S signals in TTL level.'
Is there a mismatch between the voltage from the Amanero out and the Stello in?

I have tried to feed my Stello DA100 dac with the I²S out of the Amanero but it doesn't work. The alignment/pin-out is correct but still it doesn't work. The lock led is not on and there's is no audio signal.
What could be wrong?
According to the manual 'Stello DA100 Signature takes the I²S signals in TTL level.'
Is there a mismatch between the voltage from the Amanero out and the Stello in?

Amanero works with 3.3v and standard TTL is 5v, so this might be the problem.