ultra low noise psu from China

hi,
I hope you are all well,
I bought this low noise PSU from China and made schematics for it,
could you please have a look at it or check if the design makes sense?, quite often China boards are criticized.
any suggestion to improve it?
best
KR.
....there is a mistake in this schematics!,...sorry my mistake,...please look at post *12 with an updated and corrected version.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:
If its a TL431 that's being used as the Vref then the claimed 'low noise' isn't very. Your average TL431 runs around 100nV/rtHz (they do vary quite a lot, Chinese made ones are likely worse than that).
fantastic news!, i didn't expect any better, that's why I'm in here with this supply.
perhaps there is a potential to it, but it has to be done properly.

I believe that if you draw the 100pF capacitor going from the midpoint of the two 10K resistors and to ground with the feedback going to the TL431 control pin (without connection to the TL431 cathode), AND swap emitters and collectors of the BC550 transistors you are very close to a functional circuit.

I`m sorry. No schematic program on this laptop. I will have to explain in words.
The 10uF seems right. I use it myself in my TL431 regulators. It is recommended in the TL431 datasheet if the TL431 has more than a minimum of capacitive loading. Figure 16 of the TI datasheet.
Darlington transistor - Wikipedia describes the ordinary (two transistor) NPN Darlington coupling. Your add another NPN transistor to the upper NPN transistor and you have the triple NPN Darlington coupling. That is what is used in your circuit.