Ultra high performance headphone amplifier QRV09

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am still gathering the parts. I had to fix my car first :)

Question 1: Why 317 and 337? I have some KA7812 and KA7912 in the right package and I am planning to use them instead.
Question 2: How about ADA4627-1BRZ? AD says that is recommended for new design instead AD8610...

Last edited:
Started soldering mine today, unfortunately our daughter woke up in the middle and wanted some of daddys attension :( But SMD isn't so hard once you have tried a couple of times ;)
Tried the same vendor as you UrSv for casing so we will se if something shows up in the mail :) in a week or two :D

icewall, be aware that the chassis doesn't come with standoffs (have some to hand) and the front panel goes on with Allen (hex) screws. I didn't have a bit that fit (needs ~2.5mm) so I dug out my Imperial Allen key set and used a 3/32" key which came close to stripping out the screw head.

Actually, the design of the boards is so good that I don't see any trouble with fault finding (if needed!) and with very good documentation things are even easier. SMD:s are not the complete PITA:s as I remembered them to be a couple of years ago ;)
by the way P-A, are there any boards/kit left? If so I'm thinking of one more for the office or so....
Dont fear SMD:s

q on substitute parts

Notes: replaces the post above. I timed out while editing the above one...

Hi:

I work through the BOM, and a number of parts are not even listed at Mouser. Will the following substitutes work? Possible substitutes are:

/Dmitry

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.