Ultra high performance headphone amplifier QRV09

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In Sweden I would be happy if it was only 18p :(

You have at least two shops that sell the chassis I bought and deliver from the UK. I paid GBP 42.80 including shipping which is more than fair considering I don't have to operate any heavy machinery and may assemble under the influence. And it includes the knob, switch and some other bits and pieces. This is the one I bought:

DIY Audio Aluminium Chassis Headphone amp Metal case S | eBay UK

DIY Audio Aluminium Chassis Headphone amp Metal case S | eBay UK

Plenty of people sell it from China/HK, search eBay for "DIY chassis"...

Last edited:
A quick and dirty installation is done. Listening over the weekend begins in a few hours.

Attachments

• Done.JPG
    Done.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 329
As far as I can tell it sounds excellent. I run it on the outputs of my Muse USB DAC (PCM2702 as USB receiver to PCM1793 DAC) which uses something they call "reference Solo headphone amplifier" which essentially is a standard output transistor assisted OP-amp headphone stage. The QRV09 sounds, at least in an open placebo susceptible listening test, very open and calm. The top seems less harsh and the bottom end somewhat extended compared to the Muse.

I'd say, as before, that for my first SMT project the outcome is a success and the sonic qualities will probably match anything ready made at the same totalt cost which was about SEK 1300/GBP 130/USD 200.

Thanks again P-A!

Attachments

• Case_Done.jpg
    Case_Done.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.