Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It all depends on the price and timing. I'm waffling between a 4U / 300mm and 4U / 400mm chassis for my F6 build. 4U / 500mm seems like crazy overkill, but if the price is right then I could be convinced.

Regards.

If you have no interest in using it for building any other future project then 4U x 400mm would be adequate. To get the mosfets centred on the heatsinks you will need to drill and tap some additional holes.

If you jump on board this project, the heatsinks correct the F6 issue, as well as more options to build other amps into the future.

The standard 4U 500 chassis is already available on store but it does not include UMS heatsinks. For the special "PicoUMS" chassis we are still waiting for the final specs to prepare a quotation

Hi Gianluca
Do I need to add the construction/assembly holes to the drawings shown so far, or is this something you can easily add to the drawing? eg I have not added the mounting holes of the bottom/top plate, holes to mount brackets on the heatsinks etc.

What file format do your require eg step file?

Yes that is totally fine as we usually customize panels that already have these holes.

2D DXF/DWG drawing would be perfect

1) What are the dimensions of the 4U rear panel ?

2) At the moment I have the 4U heatsink showing mounting holes positioned on a single solid 4U x 500mm section heatsink, should I redraw this as it would appear on a split 4U x 250mm section heatsink?

1) What are the dimensions of the 4U rear panel ?

2) At the moment I have the 4U heatsink showing mounting holes positioned on a single solid 4U x 500mm section heatsink, should I redraw this as it would appear on a split 4U x 250mm section heatsink?

1) 373x165

2) Don't worry about the mounting holes as these will already be there once we drill your heatsinks. The only holes you need to draw are the extra ones you want us to make

Do people prefer horizontal mounted binding posts or vertical like FirstWatt?

f7-rear.png

Last edited: