Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hole sizes are important as there seems to be no standard on this amongst all the brands of binding posts and RCA sockets. Maybe the XLR connectors share a common hole size.

Might be wise to have pilot holes drilled in the back panel for the binding posts and RCA sockets, so members can drill to suit their preferred hardware - unless of course we can all agree to a particular type for both.

I am interested for my Sissy-SIT build.
p.s. I just ordered from Diy Store, using option added to 4U chassis section.

UMS heatsinks do not exist for the 4U 500 chassis you have ordered, the item you have purchased is for substituting regular heatsinks with UMS heatsinks in the 5U 400 chassis.

You can contact the help desk and ask for a refund for just that item

4U / 500mm seems like crazy overkill, but if the price is right then I could be convinced.

The standard 4U 500 chassis is already available on store but it does not include UMS heatsinks. For the special "PicoUMS" chassis we are still waiting for the final specs to prepare a quotation

Last edited:
You are most welcome :) You have just ordered the "substitution" of the UMS heatsinks and not the heatsinks themselves, that's why I was saying you can ask for a refund if you want.

One more thing: only the silver front panel can be substituted as the black one does not have any pre-drilled holes in the back part.

To avoid more off-topic I suggest you to send an email to contact@diyaudiostore.com so we can continue there