UGS-muse preamp GB

I did some continuity tracing on my circuit board and found that pin 14, listed as NRST on the ST datasheet, goes under the MCU through two vias and ends up at pin 30 on M1. This corresponds with the uC Board pdf.

There is continuity between these points and both present 3.3v when it's powered up. I see no other connections to them so I'm at a loss how this is possible unless there is a fault under or in the chip. NRST is an external reset and is not generated internally right? There is no continuity between pin 14 and adjacent pins or pin 30 on M1 and adjacent pins.

The NRST pins on P1, P2, P6, P9 and P14 have continuity with the 14th pin along bottom of MCU which is listed as PE8 or pin 39. These also present 3.3v when powered up.

With pin 14 set high, it's in reset mode and I won't be able to connect with it I'm guessing. Should I try lifting pin 14 off the trace and test voltage again? That way I'd no if it's internal or external.

NRST is pulled up and must be kept this way.
NRST is not external reset per-say... is tied to the reset trigger of the uC.
if you pulse the line low the uC reset itself. but for correct operation this line must be kept at uC-vdd potential.

Beside the clock, i would check each and every line connected to the uC "on-pin" (with very sharp multimeter probes).
Check where the uC leg enter the silicon/plastic body rather than the pads where the pin is supposed to be soldered on. While doing that, try to use the lowest amount of force with probe-tip to not make contact on an eventual faulty connection and give a false-positive results.

my 2c

Strangest things are happening. My package is not fully updated on the French Post´s tracking site. It´s not even registred in the Danish postal system yet. Nevertheless I got a nice package this morning from France :) :) :)
Thanks again... for all your efforts to help us out with parts for this project, Alex :)
Merry Christmas to you.
All the best
Boydk !!

i am still struggling a little with the dual encoder fw.
still can't save the /16 on the source and also the inversion doesn't work.
cleaned the settings and started fresh but not seems to take effect.

got no feedback from Alex.
not a big deal, i have already planned to start the new firmware during this xmas holiday.

for the rest.... everything is working great ! :checked:

Last edited:
I had a very busy december and no time for the UGS Muse. Will fix soon the minor issues identified.
I can see that the UGS6 design is getting more and more spread around ...

About the UGS v6 :
before anyone would start screaming about "copyrights" and so on... i have full authorization from Mr.Pass himself.
as long as i keep for myself, everything is already sorted out.

i was doubtful to show them in photos... but I evaluate the mindset of the people around here to be suffienctly good to not start a war about it...

About the Fw:
No problem alex, i was just looking for a feedback. just to be sure i digged out a bug rather than some strange combination on my hw side.

About Holidays:
Merry Xmas

Anyway, thanks to every one that put efforts in order to bring us to this point.

Last edited:
what you mean? can you tell some details?
thx

i meant that if somebody is crazy enought and wants to replicate 1:1 what i did I can supply all the custom mechanical parts to mount on the Slim-Line case.
I have full and free access to a fiber laser to make the engravings/lettering and to a 3-axis cnc to work on the alu parts (knobs, frontplate, heatsink).
i will not share plans, but i can do all the work and sell with a price of cost, withnout any premium or surcharge. i don't want to make a profit from it.

at the moment the case is still missing the anodization... a medical situation has stopped me from sending to the anodizing facility. i will recover next year.