Troels Gravesen Ellipticor-3

fm_acoustics_natural_sounds_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_01.jpg

Fm acoustics and Verity audio... I am not so sure about the looks thou

no luck! went to buy the so called panzerholz... turned out to be some kind of African wood! Ho man! and the guy was like , ho no, I assure you, it is Delignit, Panzerholz I know what I´m talking about bla bla..., so I took a piece in my hand and broke it to pieces in front of his face. piece of Sh@@@t

I think there are some few topics at hand

Mechanical transmitted vibrations
There was a video some time ago, I think by Jack Oclee-Brown of Kef, where they looked closely into where the cabinet induced distortions come from. They found that by far it is from mechanically transmitted vibrations from the loudspeaker driver chassis, they found almost nothing coming from the airwaves inside the cabinet.

I assume then by far the most important things are the baffle itself and loudspeaker driver decoupling. Using 45mm Panzerholz for baffle would leave not much chance for vibrations I assume.

I have tried to see how driver decoupling is done, but found close to nothing, other than that Peter Gansterer of Vienna Acoustics uses floating silicone for tweeter, mainly to reduce feedback vibrations from baffle to tweeter...

Then the question I guess is, how much do we need for cabinet walls?
I assume then 45mm for baffle and 25 mm for cabinet walls is way good? :p
(But Noel only has 45 mm) :cool:

Felt on baffle
There are those guys who swear to using lots of felt... Duntech, John Dunlavy, others and I seriously believe this could have an effect, I guess it will also have an effect on response so x-over must be tweaked? :eek:

Some of the visual designs I like a lot are the older Audio Physic, like the Caldera 3 here, (Currently I have Audio Phsyic Avanti III)

628640023_0_g.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
no luck! went to buy the so called panzerholz... turned out to be some kind of African wood! Ho man! and the guy was like , ho no, I assure you, it is Delignit, Panzerholz I know what I´m talking about bla bla..., so I took a piece in my hand and broke it to pieces in front of his face. piece of Sh@@@t

noamgeller,

On the brighter side, maybe your next speakers will be lighter (no Panzerholz), and less stress on your back...!

Jokes aside, must have been disappointing for you. Good luck with finding something suitable.

I have been thinking of doing something completely different really... taking the top two drivers of the CNO-4 and add one or two more of the W18NX003 in the current typical audio physic style setup, making the baffle really narrow, like the Cardeas I already showed above ... but then there will be some tough crossover work that may be way beyond my capabilities

Last edited: