transistor amp not working after shorting output

if answer is yes i can do it then, btw what is good spot for ground here ?
3.jpg

up there is input connection maybe i can use its ground ?
From transformer there is bridge recrifier then capacitor, from the capacitor there are two wires that go to the amp , one is + ,one is - ( ground). Wire one leg of each capacitor togheter on the ground, where the - comes from the big power supply capacitor. Then the other two legs of the caps one on each transistor collector ( case , heatsink).

Attachments

• orca-image--1818985465.jpeg
    orca-image--1818985465.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 23
ok thanks btw it is not labeled on the transformer it has white and black wire to cap and from there blue and purple blue is on black purple on place of white, so if this is right there is a ground. on this rail it goes all the way up to input ground

Attachments

• 44444.jpg
    44444.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 16
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'll ask again:
Please post a picture of the input pot, wiring, TRS and connections to the amp.

It could be RF but if the hum disappears with grounded input (pot at 0) I would suspect a problem at the input connections.
This is how the pot should be wired:

Pot.jpg

The black trace is your ground connection:

ground.jpg

Where is that 1k resistor going? To the input pot?

as i said before it is not usual potentiometer, it only work when wired in this configuration i tried other ways but this way it only amplifies. input jack is labeled in picture 2 it is trs female plug i made it to be mono , it is ok btw

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_143043.jpg
    IMG_20240125_143043.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240125_143137.jpg
    IMG_20240125_143137.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 27
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Take your ohm meter and measure the pot.
Between two of the tree pins you should measure a fixed resistance, no matter how you turn the pot.
Attach one of them to ground and sleeve from TRS,
the other to tip from TRS.
The third one is your output to amp in.
Ref. post #853