TPA3255 Reference Design Class D Amp with PFFB

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Well... today I wanted to start, but sadly the smps is not complete.
It is not fully assembled, but okay, afterwards Sami sent me the assembling instruction, but even so, the mounting clips for the power devices are missing... :unsure: waiting for the answer from Sami :dead:

Joined 2021
Paid Member
No, I can't. The power devices are soldered into the board and have rubber caps, but the holes for the mounting clips are above the devices, so no chance without clips. I also have to solder the thermal switch, but it's not a problem.
I hope he will send me the clips... Or I have to drill new holes and use Keratherm insulation between the devices and the heatsink... but it's not what I paid for...

PSX_20230302_204717.jpg

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Hi X,
could you please check and correct (if needed) the following wiring plan for the psu?

• Main voltage output with the big connectors: to the amp board, it's clear :)
  • 12 vdc output to the buffer
  • 3.3 vdc output can be used for an LED on the front with a resistor in series
  • AUX (15 vdc) to the amp board - but in your build (and in the picture above) I see a cap on the top of the connector; is it against turn on bump? If so, which value/voltage is needed?
  • How/where to wire the further contacts (STDBY, DCER, DELAY?)
  • PSU input is J1, whit the left contact live and the right contact neutral? Middle contact not in use?
  • J2 has in your build (and in the above too) a jumper - what is it for?
  • Where can I set the input voltage to 240vac?
  • mains fuse value at 230vac?
  • Is the turn on button a locking one or just a push button without locking?

Really not that much :D
Many thanks in advance :cheers:

Last edited: