TPA3255 Reference Design Class D Amp with PFFB

Yes, how did it sound and was there any specific things we should be aware of to operate it as such?
This is a look into the past and I will have to check my repositories. Generally I consider subjective sound anecdotes non-informative- including my own ones. So do not expect me to brag about its fantastic sound, I am wearing hearing aids btw for several years. Instead I will deliver some measurements that I did at that time - later on. I am sure some interesting aspect will show up.

"A small capacitor tied from the output to the input..." - is this from the pins of the TPA chip?

//
Yes. Provided this input is driven by a certain series resistance - which is driven by lo-z opamp output. Series resistor and feedback capacitor form the hi-pass - i.e. differentialting feedback network. The low-z-drive - provided by the A(udio) F(ront) E(nd) - is mandatory, otherwise the hole thing will oscillate.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here are the new boards:
1674939689331.jpeg

1674939701844.jpeg

You might consider getting the BTSB Buffer to go with it. Provides SE or Bal input and selectable gains. Uses top of the line OPA1656 opamp and OPA1637 balanced line drivers. All top quality components.

1674939785156.jpeg

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hi X...1) are the cases used for Warp 1 available for purchase? and 2) I notice you didn't use any extra caps between the SMPS630-SO and the 3255. It's still advisable to do so to to avoid buss pumping, correct?

My apologies for posting my other questions in the other GB forum

Thanks

Pete

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I didn’t see the need for extra caps given the two 4700uF ones on the amp already plus the two pretty big ones on the SMPS630SO output. I never had an issue with bus pumping.

Cases available? You mean like Warp-1 chassis?

Unfortunately, those are only available for LSA Warp-1. If you look at the costs of the amp, SMPS, the BTSB buffer, chassis, connectors and hardware, you will see it is less expensive to buy the Warp-1 premade.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
"Unfortunately, those are only available for LSA Warp-1. If you look at the costs of the amp, SMPS, the BTSB buffer, chassis, connectors and hardware, you will see it is less expensive to buy the Warp-1 premade."

Thanks..totally understandable X. I just did have the parts/components from other projects and never thought you'd have another GB for the amp.

Pete

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here is a diagram showing how to setup the DIP switches in case you want a different mode of operation. Note that Cstart can work in either position for stereo BTL. For 4 Ch SE output you need to install DC blocking caps where the Faston output tabs are located.

55A0BE41-7CDB-4BD1-BABB-6D31FFD6FF83.png

Here is a photo showing how to setup jumper resistors on the bottom and the small silkscreen error swap for R and C on the top side for those assembling the boards themselves:
0D9F5425-DF6F-4B19-8032-E206FEB86F44.jpeg

B45A37A4-C519-44EB-9B63-C2239A886739.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user