TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

I bought this TPA3255 Board.
View attachment 1240285
Four capacitors beside heatsink are series-connected 4700uF/25V.
So a total of 4350uF capacitance is embedded.
It's not a good idea from the point of view ESR. :eek:

By the way, another complaint...
The speaker output makes a pop noise during Power-up and Power-down. So I developed an automatic reset control circuit.
This can eliminate pop sound without manual reset switch control operations. ;)

View attachment 1240288
Hope this will help you easier.

CyberPIt
just this Mod for this 3255 board??

Just change to 12s and you should be ok. You can always use a combo that gets about 12v and then go to a DCDC step up to get regulated 51.5v even as cells drain and voltage changes. I have used the 10A (red PCB) DCDC units from Aliexpress (shown earlier in this thread) with success. I ran it from 12v Pb-acid UPS backup battery.
Yes i could use 12S but i find better and cheaper charger for 13S thats why i actually want to use 13s. I have step up converter 500W from wondom. But it does use 12W in idle mode. therefore its not very efficient. i want to get most out of battery

TPA3255 max voltage is 53.5v (as per TI). I am not sure of your use case, but it would damage the IC if you are running it above the specified voltage. I would suggest to limit the voltage to 50v top.
i know 53.5V on 6ohm. i will use 4ohm driver. but the specs does also say, that it can handle 69V (or 63V) before damage. so i wonder i can use 54.6V for short term before battery start loose its max current...

Hi, this is my first post and I am a newbie on diy audio. Sorry if this is not the right place to ask. I want to use tpa3255 amp for a off the grid sound system.
I planned to use a 13s lithium battery ( 48v nominal) 54.6V fully charge as power supply. Is it safe to run this amp at that voltaje? I read is some thread don't remember where that there were problems even at 48V.

I planned to use this battery because it is very easy to find from electric bikes.
Did you run it successfully at 54.6V? i want to do same...

I purchased the ZK-3002 amp, it is the updated board, and am using with a Noyito 48v 4a (192w) rated 5a (240w) max (WX-DC4816). It's connected to a JBL Sub 145 (8" ported enclosure) in place of the failed 100w plate amp that i'm the process of repairing. In this example also have it connected to a low-pass subwoofer pre-am board that is being powered by a 12v DC power board. This is just a mockup test and does get very loud that my wife complains of the vibration so I have to turn the volume down to not disturb her.

zk-3002-low-pass-filter-48v-12v.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Any long term success stories using the auctionsite 3255 boards?

I have a 1kva 32-0-32 transformer here and a buddy who needs a big cheap amp for his pa party speakers.

Almost bought the one with the series power supply capacitors, then decided to do a search first. Seems they mostly all have issues.

I just changed fake NE5532 for original NE5532. I think some changement on Bass and High adjustment are the result.

My DC-DC converter dont Step-up... I don't know why.

But amp is really good. After this changment and with the true capacitor size its one of the best china amps.

:-D
hi,hansueli

I saw it in the data book that the magnification(NE5532) of the device is 1。(R8/R7)×(R41/R42)=1.
So why do I need it? If there is no amplification, can I remove it?
I would appreciate it if you would kindly enlighten me.
1708654844490.png

hi,
I am thinking on building a TPA3255 board - well, a few of them for a multichannel system - based on the eval board.
What prevents the project from being economically viable are the inductors. I have not read through the 254 pages of this thread but i searched a bit and couldn't find an answer to my question:
have inductors been identified that are significantly cheaper than the coilcraft & co. and proven to give similar performance?
thanks a lot!