TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I use the improved PFFB, out of 46 amps sold, only the first person said he didn't like the sound. Maybe reason source?

Hi DrM...were these changes to PFFB made on the board I bought from you? Which components need to be altered if that’s not the case? The picture shows a opa1642 but you’ve been using 1656 now, correct?

Thanks, Pete

Attachments

• 5CE134BF-A6CA-4DF7-B06B-B60CD3772B47.jpeg
    5CE134BF-A6CA-4DF7-B06B-B60CD3772B47.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 464
Are you sure the preamp out is set to full-range stereo? It may have the 80Hz HP active (small speakers).

Could you try connecting it via simple preamp, even a passive, skipping the Denon?

The denon is set to full range.
What is strange is when I used a Rotel (A/B) and even the one from 3eAudio which is not as good as the one of DrMordor, they had a fuller sound.
This is tight and more present on the middles.
Unfortunately I don't have a simple preamp.
I hope to receive a preamplifier at the end of March.

I changed the OPA and it's much better, but again, the middles are excellent, super clear but lack body.

Maybe it's a problem that we cannot understand or maybe my speakers are not so good for this amplifier.

Hi amigos,

Just found a new TPA3255, with balanced inputs and OP amps bypassed by default + EPCOS inductors. You can custom the caps and heatsink before buying. Really interesting !
The module can be setup in Mono / Stéréo (full balanced)

I will try to order to test )

Last edited: