TPA3251d2

One louder! :D

attachment.php

It's the "old" layout from my first 3251 pcbs, just fitted the 3255 now.

Do you use 0612 caps at the WienerPro?

Edit:

Had a sneak into the GB thread, looks quite similar but different in detail. :D From my experience and 5th's measurements, the additional 100nF per bridge can be skipped if the 1uF's are in close distance. (Haven't tested EMI-wise)

Last edited:
Layout, PSU, thermals and decoupling is different to yours, so what to prove? You think the datasheet is wrong? :)

What I can say is, that the thermal conduction is a bit better than with the 3251 as the power mosfet area is grown to support the extra power. (So thermal conduction surface area is bigger too.)

Last edited:
Layout, PSU, thermals and decoupling is different to yours, so what to prove? You think the datasheet is wrong? :)

What I can say is, that the thermal conduction is a bit better than with the 3251 as the power mosfet area is grown to support the extra power. (So thermal conduction surface area is bigger too.)

Maybe your PCB manufacture have errors, you use 35um thickness copper only, it is bad design with so high current flowing.you can test the max value and get real data, not datasheet description.

attached picture have 70um thickness copper.

Ipk=50V/2ohm=25A

Attachments

• IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
Well, if you're are saying my design is bad in general, why should I share any test results with you? :)

Just to prove it performs bad?

(Placing a voltage feedback resistor under a transformer is good design practice then?)

Beside this, why "my" PCB manufacturer should/might have errors - he is from China so I suspect top notch quality, shouldn't I?

1oz. of copper "can" be a bottleneck in case of thermal limitation when running continuous full output power 24/7, which I won't do normally. The other aspect would be EMI due to higher impedance and PVCC noise/modulation due to ripple. But only blaming the PCB copper thickness here isn't the right way.

This is an amplifier, not a motor driver. ;)

Well, if you're are saying my design is bad in general, why should I share any test results with you? :)

Just to prove it performs bad?

(Placing a voltage feedback resistor under a transformer is good design practice then?)

Beside this, why "my" PCB manufacturer should/might have errors - he is from China so I suspect top notch quality, shouldn't I?

1oz. of copper "can" be a bottleneck in case of thermal limitation when running continuous full output power 24/7, which I won't do normally. The other aspect would be EMI due to higher impedance and PVCC noise/modulation due to ripple. But only blaming the PCB copper thickness here isn't the right way.

This is an amplifier, not a motor driver. ;)

Discuss only technical knowledge, didn't mean to offend you, you get what you pay for, you should purchase the right products, not just to save money.

Maybe we can help you in some way!

really!

i cant speak for anyone else but i suspect most here follow doctormords builds because they are a step up from the average china build which is why i buy his pcb
i have yet to see anyone! produce a tpa3251 with such a small form factor while maintaining power levels near that of the evm board