TPA3116D2 Amp

Keep in mind max power outputs will be different.
Thanks, I will.

Consider using some dummy load on the unused channel or run the board in PBTL mono. Undamped output filters tend to oscillate and may get damaged without load.
Thanks. How do I calculate which resistor to use to damp a unused output?

Use two mono boards, and there are no problems.
I guess that would increase the power consumption quite a bit, and since this setup will run on batteries it could be a problem.

I bought this and this. The cable won't fit on the amp (smaller) and I thought it would from the pictures. Now, I have a cable with no use and an amp board that needs to be DIYed to be able to run :)

I am stuck:) Any help how to do RCA connection on the board?

Remove the input connector on the amp (de-solder) board. Cut off one end of the connecting cable and strip the wires. Solder the wires directly into the amp board.

Remove the input connector on the amp (de-solder) board. Cut off one end of the connecting cable and strip the wires. Solder the wires directly into the amp board.

Ohh boy, I was kinda hoping to get another connector suggestion :) I have no soldering machine, nothing. Then you may ask why am I in this forum? :) I will get my uncle's soldering tools:) Thanks!

I had bad luck removing the hiss from my dual chip tpa3116 boards. People keep advising me to buy the Sanwu tpa3118 mono boards, but they do not have a heatsink and are rated lower in power in datasheet.

I stumbled across these boards, also at a fairly cheap price. But I cannot find anything in here about them.

DC 12V-24V TPA3116 Mono Channel Digital Power Audio Amplifier Board BTL Max 100W | eBay

I ended up ordering 2 of each. 2 tpa3118 and 2 tpa3116 mono boards. Will listen for the difference.

I had bad luck removing the hiss from my dual chip tpa3116 boards. People keep advising me to buy the Sanwu tpa3118 mono boards, but they do not have a heatsink and are rated lower in power in datasheet.

I stumbled across these boards, also at a fairly cheap price. But I cannot find anything in here about them.

DC 12V-24V TPA3116 Mono Channel Digital Power Audio Amplifier Board BTL Max 100W | eBay

I ended up ordering 2 of each. 2 tpa3118 and 2 tpa3116 mono boards. Will listen for the difference.

I have one... works great to feed a 18' professionnal long excursion loudspeaker whithout heating, totally impressed (zero huming noise and hissing at all... deadly silent even very close to the loudspeaker).

Be careful... this board is designed with a balanced input.

I bought this and this. The cable won't fit on the amp (smaller) and I thought it would from the pictures. Now, I have a cable with no use and an amp board that needs to be DIYed to be able to run :)

Try something from this search.

I don't know what the small connector is, the larger connector, on your amp board, is a JST XH 2.54 3-pin connector. They are commonly used for battery pack balancing connections for by RC hobbyists. The visual difference, between that and the cable you bought is that the smaller connector has a single keyed ridge/slot down the center. The larger connector has two on the sides that also integrate a latch for retention.

If you order a different cable, get a soldering iron anyway :)

They don't have an obvious heatsink, because the heatsink is the PCB. The thermal pad is on the bottom, its soldered to a pad on the PCB which is connected to the ground-plane on the bottom of the PCB by a bunch of vias. They don't throw off a lot of heat anyway. I have a TPA3116 board with a tiny heatsink. It doesn't get very hot.

Hi all, thought I´ll post some pics on the SANWU tpa3116D2 amp I just bought.
TPA3116 50W 2 Digital Amplifier Board PBTL 100W Mono Power Amplifier 12V 24V Amp | eBay

Haven´t had the time to test it yet, but thought it would be interesting to see if this amp is as good as some of the other SANWU amps that has been recommended on this forum.
Also, anyone got a clue of what´s going on around the mute input? Perhaps a soft start/ "anti pop"? Haven´t seen a lot of info on this amp, so any input will be appreciated.
Anyway, I´ll get back after some basic test.

I got one of these Sanwu boards last week from a different seller. My board came in a sealed antistatic bag with a Sanwu seal on it. I haven't bothered checking their validation tool to see if its legit. I suspect it is. The TPA3118 boards I got didn't bother faking it. They just use the same blue PCB and layout as the Sanwu boards, down to the crosshatched groundplane and the solid groundplane for the silkscreened Sanwu logo, only they don't have the silkscreened Sanwu logo.

I don't have much to report. It works. It sounds very similar to my blue ZD-TPA3116 board. It has anti-pop that works. Build quality seems a little better than the ZD-TPA3116. As noted, it has jumper points for setting it up as a mono PBTL board. There are also pads for muting. Gain is fixed. I haven't checked to see what its set at, but its the same as the ZD-TPA3116. 26dB gain is my guess.

Last edited:
Try something from this search.

I don't know what the small connector is, the larger connector, on your amp board, is a JST XH 2.54 3-pin connector. They are commonly used for battery pack balancing connections for by RC hobbyists. The visual difference, between that and the cable you bought is that the smaller connector has a single keyed ridge/slot down the center. The larger connector has two on the sides that also integrate a latch for retention.

If you order a different cable, get a soldering iron anyway :)

I have it soldered in two minutes. Didn't even remove the input connecter from the board. It works fine. Thanks for all the help!

However, I didn't hear big increase in power versus the TPA3116 I have with 12V. The TDA7498 is running with 24V. Also, I THINK the bass is better on the TPA3116. It may need to break in more maybe.

I had similar issues with an MP3/FLAC player module I bought. The smaller ones on the converter board are JST PH.... With a 2mm spacing.

J.