• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Well, Gentlemen, I have finally bought the NJW0 - transistors from 2 different distributors (having to pay shipment twice, which will ruin my financial calculations!).

Find attached the current order list.
All of the Soft-Power-On PCBs have been sold.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: @WillNamenNichtNennen: please check your bank-transfer. It did not yet arrive.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 515
Michael: thank you very much for your empathy.

But since this is the very last group-buy that I will do for the SYMASYM, I do not worry about the commercial outcome!

May I tell you on the other hand, how I will do the case for the "Black-Beauty-SYMASYM"?
This will be an alternative to the absolutely dull and impersonal modushop cases and will make it "your Black Beauty - SYMASYM".

P.S.: For the sake of thermal convection it will be better to shift the SYMASYM-PCB to the left side to cover both heatsinks!

Attachments

• NJW-SYMASYM-Case.png
    NJW-SYMASYM-Case.png
    661.4 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Hell Rudi, this is my first post on this thread and I wonder if you can give some advice. I read post 866 from vargasmongo3435 with the picture of TO3 version 3 PCB and you made this reply,
But, Juan, this layout is long, long time ago!

I am happy to get rid of the "loops, the deadly power and GND - embraces"!
There are none on my current layout.

Best regards - Rudi

I have obtained some Version 2 PCB's from a friend in Germany and I think that they also have ground loops. Does this mean they do not sound as good as the latest boards? also is there any way I can modify the board to iliminate any problems ? The boards themselves look really well made. I have attached picture of the boards I have.
Thank you for your help
Alan

Attachments

• IMG_20140816_0002.pdf
    684.6 KB · Views: 260
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hell Rudi, this is my first post on this thread and I wonder if you can give some advice. I read post 866 from vargasmongo3435 with the picture of TO3 version 3 PCB and you made this reply,

I have obtained some Version 2 PCB's from a friend in Germany and I think that they also have ground loops. Does this mean they do not sound as good as the latest boards? also is there any way I can modify the board to iliminate any problems ? The boards themselves look really well made. I have attached picture of the boards I have.
Thank you for your help
Alan

Hi Alan,

I have built 2 PCBs from Rudi that have this problem of ground loops, but it is a very great sounding amp :D. If you don't know about that ground loop problem, you don't see it ;) ... Don't worry :D and go ahead : it is time to populate the PCBs and prepare yourself to get a great sounding amp. Mine was really very great sounding.

Best regards

rephil

Alan, to do the GND-scheme like I did in the current offer, to not "embrace" SignalGND by PowerGND, is a pure theoretical recommendation.

This is at least my listening impression, since I did not hear any audible difference between your TO3-SYMASYM PCB and the currently offered version.

I did the current design to get rid of any "theoretical objections".

As my friend REPHIL told you: go and build your SYMASYM.
You will be absolutely excited when you hear it playing.

Hi Rudi & Rephil, thank you for your replies, I will do as you sugest and build Symasym. May I ask another question, Is it OK to use 3.3pf for C9 and 220pf for C10 C11 as I have these values in silver mica already. I am using MJ21195 / 96 output devices.
Thanks
Alan