Theoretically best subwoofer enclosure

I've found out the hard way that just shoving a subwoofer in a corner is not the best idea and the intended placement has a lot of influence on which design will work best.
Agreed. I flipped my T-TQWT 180* for more midbass response.

Sub Corner.jpg

August 2022 before we moved.

20200118_140416.jpg

Some Frugel Horns are basically a Transmission Line enclosure due to the non continuous positive flare.

Rear Loaded Horns are basically BR's with a positive flare port/vent. See Scoops.

Traditional Horns are FLH (BP4's with a positive flare port/vent), BP6S (TH, Keystone, Paraflex), or BP6P (vented FLH or Compound Horn).

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are Air Cavity horns. They are not the only horns.

A tapped horn is less of a horn than the Frugel-Horns if you want to be picky. They are double tapped quarter-wave lines with a very limited bandwidth.

dave

I already stated multiple type of horns in previous posts.
The driver on a standard BR can be positioned ANYWHERE on the 6 sides of the enclosure, does that make it a "tapped" enclosure?
A transmission line is nothing more than a BR enclosure with a positive OR negative flare port/vent.
With a TRUE tapped horn, the tapped point is critical on getting the front and rear waves of the driver to work together.
That situation is NOT the same with BR and TL enclosures.
As matter of fact there is a TL thread in this subwoofer section where I asked the designer to remove some of the "line" and the enclosure performed better as a standard BR enclosure. Let me find the thread.