Theoretically best subwoofer enclosure

Well...I did say K.I.S.S.

I go on what I see and hear. If it looks like a duck and quacks like duck, then it's a duck. BR's and TL's are the same duck.

I don't care about closed/open pipe resonances, eigenmodes, or the crazy mathematics behind these modeling programs.

If you can understand a Tuba or a cheerleader horn, then you should understand how to get LOUD and CLEAR.

Lungs = rear chamber.
Larynx = driver.
Inside mouth = compression chamber.
Cheerleader horn = positive flare port.
Our bodies are BP6S!
Correction, our bodies are BP6P's.

The nasal cavity is the rear chamber (lungs) port.

High order qw. Multiple resonators and resonances or cancelation freqs create the same things you keep referring to as ‘orders’ or are trying to name without looking at physics ?

study how they function instead of trying to give it a name or at least discover where/how the impedances are created ?

imagine what it might look like if we put dry ice vapor or smoke in a long tapered TL shape and then at the port tube of a big reflex? How different would the air particles act and how could we describe that ? There must be a you tube video or some sort of animation of this sonewhere??

Last edited:
I would love to know/understand the maths involved in calculating TL and tapped pipes phase and freq response verses tapered qw resonator shapes vs chamber/vent maths so when studying the results in horn response(especially the higher orders versions) so I understood why things are different/the same and why .

who cares about ‘names’ when they don’t respresent or help explain the incredible diversity of anything being explored these days?

1710106140303.png
1710106269510.png
1710106389800.png
What’s the difference In pressure/velocity throughout these? (blue is Fb, green is the '3/4' resonance) is the sharp rectangle shape going to affect it in a way the smooth taper doesnt?

(forgive my lack of drawing skills in the freehand sinewave shapes😝)

1710106590821.png

anything funny happening here (assume its a fold and the CSA change,etc) Interrupting the high velocity section of that resonance ?

in my (limited) subwoofer experiments with this, I get a smaller enclosure volume and a punchier sound while still retaining the low Fb if I use these stepped Shape instead of the taper ?

Last edited: