• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Joined 2011
Paid Member
The bolt provides electrical continuity from Mother to Daughter, while the insulating washer and/or spacer prevent inadvertent shorting from the bolt to adjacent copper traces on the motherboard.

If desired you could thread a normal, conductive metal, hex spacer onto the bolt after the insulating washer, which increases the electrical contact area between bolt and the bottom side of the daughterboard.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The new Yarra with tented vias (solder mask covered) should prevent this sort of stuff in the future. It just shipped out today along with whole set of WBA18’s and PCA’s.

The tented via boards don’t have that gold bling look anymore - and the original exposed vias will now be a collectors’ item. :) They do look pretty.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The PCBs are in: WBA18-Yarra, PCA-Yarra, PCA-Aksa Lender format.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Waynes-BA3-preamp-PCA-Final-PCBs.jpg
    Waynes-BA3-preamp-PCA-Final-PCBs.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:
Hi Rick,

The pot board marked with R221 will fit the TKD 2CP-601 pot (2.5mm x 5mm centres)

The board marked with R201 will fit the Alps Blue Beauty type pot (5mm x 10mm centres)

The board marked with R211 will fit the smaller pots - various brands with 2.5mm x 2.5mm centres.

Regards,

Gary..

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I just verified that the Yarra PCA daughterboards work. I used 2SK209's for the JFET. Using the values for the source resistors in the table resulted in a much too high of a current of 190mA and the resistors started to cook. I found that using a pair of 2W 270ohm resistors in parallel (for 135ohms net) gave 122mA bias current and a reasonable amount of heating (1W per resistor) with a Vcc of 27.5v upstream of the CRCRC. The 2SK209 can take a higher supply voltage than the BF862. Listening to the output on headphones, it sounds great. Just the sound I expected from the PCA. The output noise measured with Fluke 101 was 0.0mVrms.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yarra-PCA-build-01.jpg
    Yarra-PCA-build-01.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 877
  • Yarra-PCA-build-02.jpg
    Yarra-PCA-build-02.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 551