The Weather

The main difference between Canadian Football and US Football (other than the rules) is that the Canadians play in the Summer/Fall and the US Fall/Winter. That's so that football is finished when the real sports of ice hockey and curling get up to speed.

well, there are some other differences -

"According to a 2006 ESPN article, "The average weight in the NFL has grown by 10 percent since 1985 to a current average of 248 pounds. The heaviest position, offensive tackle, went from 281 pounds two decades ago to 318 pounds.

Most pro football players are over 6 feet tall. Some kickers can be shorter however."

"There is little data available regarding the average size of a CFL player. There is, however, less discrepancy in size in the Canadian Football League than in the NFL of the United States. Canadian football tends to focus more on speed and basic athleticism than the NFL, which encourages specialized players."

then there's the wages:

"The life of a CFL player isn’t particularly lavish or luxurious, actually it’s quite ordinary. The average salary in the CFL is around $80,000 a year, with starting quarterbacks making between $250,000-$400,000. Compared to the colossal salaries of the NFL, CFL players make peanuts. The average NFLer makes around $1.9 million per year. That’s almost 24 times more than the CFL average."

long term health "benefits" accrued by NFL specialized players is something else altogether

Today is much cooler here, only 30° Celsius, in the shade.

And no, my thermometer ain't broken; it's just where I live that is like that, kind of secluded and protected.

Sure, no one can rely on the temperatures that they give you on the news; those are from airports, where all type of radio waves and turbulence happen.
The right temperature is exactly where you stand, where you live, and as indicated by your own reliable temperature gauge.

Finally the rain
It's not that heavy
But's it's rain
It's not windy, warm or cold
It's just rain
We used to hate it, now we like it
It's rain
All grass is brown, but soon to be green
For the rain
Puddles everywhere
Because of the rain
Wilted plants emerge
Thanks to the rain
Never thought I'd say it
I sure did miss the rain.

Welcome back friend.

yes, warmish in the middle of the Pacific - but generally not lacking in humidity or actual rainfall

Bermuda is much the same

The AC in our office has broken down and we're awaiting parts for repair - complete rebuild it sounds like. At 7:00 AM it's 80F 27C - last Friday afternoon at 4:00 88F 31C

sounds like perhaps a bit more precip over the next couple of days

yes, warmish in the middle of the Pacific
Yes, but not too hot. The water keeps it mild. The water there is not the warmest to swim in.
- but generally not lacking in humidity or actual rainfall
True. Maui has both a desert (Kihei at <10" annual) and a rainforest up to 400" over the West Maui Mountains.

Sure - but for some folks the combination of mid 80F+ and humidity above 70% on a dry day are too oppressive.

My daughter and son in law live in Bermuda, and we've visited them each of the past 5yrs, and always outside of their most intense. They and my wife love it - me not so much - give me the Okanogan (sans wild-fire smoke, thank you very much) 26C and 30%, that I can live with - I'll hydrate from the inside. .

A/C still broken at work - you'd think the parts were included in an order of drivers from Mark Audio to Madisound ;)

Third week of average 80F+ in office - currently in fact at 90.5 in manager's office, and 86 at my desk. Saving money on no opening windows on second floor is not looking like such a brilliant idea these days.

It's cooler outside in the sun