The Weather

I was going to cut the grass but felt lazy.
Long weekend comin' up and with it life following its normal course.
People might think I'm mad, but I'm trying to get a decent type of grass to come through - so just of late I've been literally hand mowing, weeding our patch of lawn ... and, it's working :D !

Question (for everyone): What is the most important thing in life after health?
Hint; it's not your stereo rig.
Doing anything you genuinely enjoy ... (like handmowing!) ;)

Frank, George, cool.

* Today is a gorgeous day here, sunshine aplenty and 18° Celsius @ 9:00 AM.

- I will most likely cut the grass @ the end of the day, when it's cooler...I sweat too much when it's above 10 degrees.

- Family is the most important thing after good health; it helps the mind having a balanced foundation.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
:)

A customer drove up to the front of our business during the downpour. Instead of getting out of his car, he looked at his watch, looked outside and then started playing with his smartphone. 2 minutes later, he looked out his car window and visibly chuckled to himself, then proceeded to get out of his car and enter the premises. The parking lot should be dry in about 15 minutes.

After 4 years of living here, I still find it very odd, in an amazing way.

Didn't really notice the weather that much today, have been working intensely on a circuit for the best part of the day. It looked sunny the first half of the day, then cloudy for the rest, but no rain as far as I know.

Question (for everyone): What is the most important thing in life after health?
Hint; it's not your stereo rig.

I would say probably family but having something to work toward whether a hobby project or paid work ( that you enjoy, preferably ) is very important too.

In fact I reckon that health and family are probably joint first with work and/or hobbies 2nd.

Gordon.

The word "family" is quite expendable, in the sense that it could be your children your grandchildren and your wife, your Mom and Dad and brothers and sisters, all your relatives, all your friends, all the people of the universe, all living things...plants, flowers, insects, animals, pets, birds, horses, trees, wildlife, nature, the seasons, the planets, the moon, the sun, all the stars in the sky, the galaxy, all the black holes, the multiverse.

Then there is the music, the movies, the mountains and the oceans. ...The Earth, IMAX, your stereo rig and your lawnmower.
...Keep in shape, look sharp, live on the edge.

Today was a beautiful day, May 1st 2015, mainly sunny with few decorative clouds. ...T-shirt all day long (warm) and I cut the grass after six.

Last edited:
springsmile.gif

...This is what I've been doing all day; nothing else. :) ...With Classical music ♫ playing all day. ...I'm totally exhausted.

Yesterday it rained all day, the whole bloody day! Not only that but the average temperature has dropped significantly since the first half of April, which was lovely weather wise. Today is sunny though, so I really should get out today as the rain is scheduled to return with a vengeance come Tuesday!

Gordon.

The title of this thread is: It's cold today

Well, it certainly is not here today; it's sunny, warm, and just a spectacularly beautiful day.
...Just like yesterday; and the temperature is in the mid twenties (Celsius of course).

It is so gorgeously splendid outside, and hot, that I just had to share it here in this thread. ...Like a gentle breeze across the Pacific ocean.
And that is sitting out on my lawn under the shade of a big tall and old oak tree.
With one of the dogs sitting beside me, and a pina colada (no alcohol) on the picnic table.

I am waiting for that cold day, which might never come. ...Not around here anyway.

Last edited: