The Weather

And boy, how I've become to truly hate horse-do.
Oop's, one problem with my plan to rid us of petro burners :)
My friend the blacksmith only builds fences and railings these days!
Nice clear skies and warm southern breeze for fire works last night celebrating Victoria day. Neighbour said he blew $500 in smoke/light/bang. Down the street at the camp site, they did about 10x what the neighbour did. Lots of $ up in smoke. More to come tonight.

I was reading earlier about the California drought. ...I had to stop reading just after few minutes.

Sometimes I feel it's not cold enough on this planet.

P.S. Chris, I'll send you the GPS coordinates right away. ...Happy Victoria Day! :)

* 26 degree Celsius right now right here this morning, outside on my veranda. ...It'll get warmer this afternoon, 30° plus.
Island life is a tough life, and everything is green and lush; of vegetation, plants, flowers, trees, wildlife, women.

Last edited:
how the rich live?

Overfinanced, like the rest.

One of my neighbors had a crane of his company at his house, to place fully grown trees, a few dozen of €1.5k each.
Guy has a 70ft diameter circular fish pond in his back garden, water is refreshed 24/7, with fish of €1k each.
Added an image of his front gate, the concrete poles are 10-12ft high.
To solve a temporary cash flow problem, he had the crane stolen over the weekend.

(Small fry, compared to some superyacht owners. Read for example the story of Ritz Cameras in the US, David Ritz, and his last Sea Bowld yacht of 175ft length. Makes Frits Hessing look like a choir boy)

Sunny weather prediction for tomorrow, yeey !

Attachments

• DrCrane.jpg
    DrCrane.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Have a look at this

Elizabeth Meyer, Endeavour.

Impressive lady, she was at the Huisman yard when I visited to observe the rebuild.
Years after the sale of the boat in 2000, she mentioned in an interview that she had put next to all of her money in the rebirth of the J-class racer, had to charter the yacht to make ends meet.
(the next owner was released from jail a year ago, Mr Walton's ex-neighbor and former Tyco ceo Dennis Kozlowski)

Added an image of the home of the wealthiest guy on Curaçao, ~$400 million, neighbor of a relative of mine at the Spanish Water.
Not the most expensive house on the island, doesn't own a jet or a superyacht, he enjoys driving his blue Maserati V8 and music.

Attachments

• Blues.jpg
    Blues.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Some clouds comin' up now, with a gentle breeze; about time. ...I was cooking for over a week with the thermometer hovering @ 30° Celsius.
Me, I like 15 degrees and 20 max. ...Right now it's 26 degrees, and I just can't wait for Winter*.

* Winter here lasts about two days, and we're lucky if we see the color of snow.
Thinking of moving further up North, near the Alaska border. :trapper: :deer:

Bob, then you'd probably bitch about the short days - well, at least I know I would :D

but then you might get this every clear night, so ...............

now, Bermuda in late July / August is too hot for me - fortunately I usually visit my daughter there no later than mid June - so it's only in the low 30s (C) and RH in the low 80s can get a bit sticky

Attachments

• aurora.jpg
    aurora.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited: