The Weather

Ya, the rain we were promised has not materialized. Meanwhile Florida is about to get whacked. Prayers to the people. mike567, hope you are able to prepare.
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 1.06.30 PM.png

Why would any sane person live in Great Britain?

United Kingdom Weather.jpg

A Country of damp climate and cold women.

https://www.ventusky.com/

For instance, I got out of the shower at 12 Noon Saturday (Midday) today and found the night lights on. Whatever was going on? Was I going blind or was it a dark Thunderstorm.

Naturally, I disconnected all electrical devices and ventured, NOT, outside with a metal lightning conducting Umbrella. We know this game. :p

Last edited:
Weather unusual in the UK too. Big floods in the Scottish Highlands, and 24C in Southern England, with warnings to beach goers that there are no lifguards on duty in October.
Long may the warmth last as it keeps my heating bills more affordable.

Of course 2023 could be the year the White Christmas & Big Freeze returns....

The last vestige of summer ended abruptly on Friday. During the morning it was sunny and low-mid 60s. I knew a front was going to blow through and wanted to take a walk before it did. I had a ton of little things to do first and by 9:30 or so I was stepping out the door. The front was supposed to arrive around 1:00 in the afternoon so I thought I had plenty of time.

I was wearing my usual shorts and T-shirt that I wear when walking. It was mild with no hint of cold air in the breeze. I got a little over a mile (goal is 6 miles) and it started to sprinkle. Now there's a little chill in the air. I just pushed harder. I've walked through rain, snow, wind many times. The chill makes me walk a little faster- a good thing right?- and at 2 miles it becomes a driving rain and cold. I start to walk home and the rain is stinging me like ice pellets. The wind picks up even more and the temperature drops. Now it is blustery and the temperature has dropped 20 degrees in 35 minutes. By the time I got home I was chilled to the bone and had put in a little over 3 miles - better than nothing.

And that was it for the mild weather. It's supposed to be below normal for the next seven days and rain for four days straight. Summer is over.