The Weather

Lets look at extreme weather from an electric POV:

YouTube

More interesting videos on that wonderful site. ;)

Cheers,
M

Pity, no one seemed to notice my link, where weather is explained from an electric point of view, where the storms are explained as electric circuits with thermopiles included, with a hint on weather control...etc.

I would have thought that a site full of electric and electronic engineers would have jumped at a theory that says that the Universe belongs to you and not to astrophysics and theoretical physics :D I, as a simple amateur, am very exited by this model that does not need unification at all! ;)

Cheers,
M.

I am using OSHPark

I have also bought some purple boards, but mostly for small digital thingies. It's not obvious in the picture but those boards are 5.5 X 8.5 inches. That would make for a $230 something prototype. I may wast a day, but I make mine for about $5 each, until I run out of the stash of copper clad that I got out of the dumpster of a defunct PCB house in Florida at least 30 years ago.

I got lucky with both versions of this amp, but there is a good chance that my first proto of many of my wild ideas makes a short trip across the workbench to the propane torch (for reclaiming expensive parts) to the trash can.

This however was a rehash of an existing design and I knew the circuit was good.....I can still screw up a layout, especially when I don't have the exact parts I'm going to use in my hands during the layout process.

The reason for the second proto was late requests for changes and a heat sink that didn't match the drawing on the manufacturers web site.

We saw that blue mess coming. Totally missed us

There is another one coming. It will be here tomorrow night.......

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The weather forecast for mid-Norway.
Strange, it wasn't that cold...

Attachments

• yr.jpg
    yr.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 110
Been in northern VT skiing, a few miles from Canada, and on Monday it was about 10F with 50mph+ winds (80kph+) - lifts closed for the afternoon. Next day started at -2F but with winds only to 30mph. End result was lots of breaks during the ski day.

Well, it WAS cold out, but not now. I'm in Ft Pierce FL to retrieve my elderly father from his snowbird month in the warmth. On my way to the airport in Boston it was snowing hard. Now it's 80+ and sunny.

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 89

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The weather forecast for mid-Norway. Strange, it wasn't that cold...

A weather-station maker's website frequently posts "255% relative humidity" (which can only go to 100%).

I'm assuming a broken wire causes full-scale in a 8-bit register. However the same station often posts plausible 50% and 70% readings, so there is an intermittent glitch.

The government-run weather station at the nearby little airport has been off-line for a week. You can get a B-17 in and out of there (I rode it) but when a President came here he had to down-size from his regular Air Force One to something smaller (medium jet, not the huge 747).

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Boston Area Yesterday Morning

Technically I should have been taking it easy resting since I was sick, but I had a few hours to clean up the mess before the hard freeze arrived. Made it!

We got somewhere around 12 inches in the early hours of Monday morning, wet heavy, heart attack snow. (Note that there was zero snow on the ground 24 hours prior.)

Still this is the first real snow of the winter and only the second time I have had the snow blower out. All of the previous snow melted in a couple of days, not sure how long this will hang around, but I imagine it will be gone by next week.

My poor tree is clearly done and I will arrange to take it down this spring.

Attachments

• march3storm12.jpg
    march3storm12.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 34
  • march3storm9.jpg
    march3storm9.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 60
  • march3storm2.JPG
    march3storm2.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 54
  • march3storm1.jpg
    march3storm1.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 59
  • march3storm3.jpg
    march3storm3.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 71
  • march3storm15.JPG
    march3storm15.JPG
    913.7 KB · Views: 78
  • march3storm10.jpg
    march3storm10.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 33
A little H2O2 with the FeCl makes it go faster

The 3% stuff you get in the grocery store helps a bit. I use it to stretch out the FeCl I have left. A friend back in Florida found an industrial supply store that would sell him some that was stronger, but I don't remember the concentration. No FeCl needed, just H2O2 and HCL "muratic acid" from the pool supply store. Note that some pool stores sell Sulfuric acid as "muratic acid." It doesn't work.

Assuming they let you see the article this is bogglesome.

Yes, that picture has been making the rounds on the TV and internet.

12 inches in the early hours of Monday morning

It started here at about 11 AM Sunday and didn't stop snowing until Mid day Monday. Then the sun appeared but it never got above freezing.......today the snow returned, not much though. The high temp was 24F. The creek out back has some ice cover, but there is still flowing water in the middle.