The Weather

Some Argentinian with a grilled steak goes nice

Doing the mostly meatless things these days ( at least officially at home- what good's a lifestyle if you can't cheat a little bit)

"Honey, would you like some yams with your kale salad, or are you saving yourself for the curried cauliflower soup?"

But yeah, I don't think I've tried an Argentinian or Chilean red of several varieties that I didn't like - and thanks to the local "big box" Everything Wine, a lot of great imbibing to be had for under $15

Doing the mostly meatless things these days ( at least officially at home- what good's a lifestyle if you can't cheat a little bit)

"Honey, would you like some yams with your kale salad, or are you saving yourself for the curried cauliflower soup?"

But yeah, I don't think I've tried an Argentinian or Chilean red of several varieties that I didn't like - and thanks to the local "big box" Everything Wine, a lot of great imbibing to be had for under $15

The way I look at it not cheating on a diet can be a route to failure and back to habitual bad eating, you must have cheat days. Chile makes some nice wines too absolutely. My co-worker just returned from both countries and didn't bring any back :eek:. The reds, I chill them in the freezer, even though your "not supposed to", delicious.

My bikes coming out this weekend, I've waited long enough. I'll be happy to grin and bear it on the chilly days :cool:

The way I look at it not cheating on a diet can be a route to failure and back to habitual bad eating, you must have cheat days.

my dad used to say the same thing about matrimony - thankfully I didn't follow his footsteps there ( midnight web surfing / DIY doesn't count, does it?)

Chile makes some nice wines too absolutely. My co-worker just returned from both countries and didn't bring any back :eek:. The reds, I chill them in the freezer, even though your "not supposed to", delicious.
depending on how obsessive you'd want to get about, doesn't each variety have an ideal "cellar" temperature?- all of which are at least 15-20dg F below what we consider today to be "comfortable" room temperature.

my dad used to say the same thing about matrimony - thankfully I didn't follow his footsteps there ( midnight web surfing / DIY doesn't count, does it?)

depending on how obsessive you'd want to get about, doesn't each variety have an ideal "cellar" temperature?- all of which are at least 15-20dg F below what we consider today to be "comfortable" room temperature.

When I change diet I keep a day or two per week depending, to eat things I like. Otherwise I'd probably lose my mind. I usually drink my wine before it has any significant time for aging. The longest I've left a bottle corked would be about 6 months. It was a nice bottle of Niagara ice wine (which was also delicious). I did put it in the basement however. I just know some people cringe when they see me sticking a bottle of red in the freezer :shhh:. If not drinking it at room temp. disqualifies me as any kind of wine connoisseur I'm all right with that.

Let's not forget that during the millennia over which wine has been consumed, the "room" temperature, and certainly that in a dedicated cellar / castle dungeon in Europe (which as any oenophile worth their sulfite will tell you is the only source of world class wines :D) would oft times have been well below our current standards of comfort.

Refer your cringing expert friends to

BetterTastingWine: Wine Serving and Cellaring Temperature

Not an expert myself, either, but if it's on the internet it must be true (for someone)

SY?

edit: damn, I'm getting thirsty

Last edited:
Thanks chrisb I no longer feel like a wine sipping troglodyte lol.

I just find it more refreshing chilled and that it "brightens" the flavor if that makes any sense. I've tried it room temp. on several occasions and haven't acquired as much taste for it.

I've became rather thirsty myself. And come to think of I have 3/4 of a corona around here somewhere :cheers: