The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just thought of this. Do I need to use 1 BiB+ & 1BiB- for each channel or can one set of boards feed both channels? (Using to power a DCB1 XO and due to size considerations, each channel will be own its own board.) Assuming I can use one board for both channels, what does that do to the remote sensing? Do I just use 4 wires going to each channel and then there are two wires in each connector on the BiB board?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You can set it down to 3.3V but keep 200mA-300mA so it runs well in itself no matter the low load draw. With the sinks it got its very safe.

You can also set about 8.3V output if using an LM329 instead of LEDS (LM329 cathode facing the opposite way than if it was an LED).

2.5V out is too little for the voltage margins in the mirror circuit, out of spec.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Salas

I am revisiting the V12R shunt because I do know it's potential and would like to push it a little further.

The initial schematic is below and I would like to drop C2 (47uF EL).

I know the BiB and the folded shunt can both work perfectly without that output EL.

The différences I see are related with the resistor value in the output zobel that in the BiB is 1.2ohm and in the V12R is 0.22 ohm.

Can I take the V12R schematic, drop the output EL and raise the zobel resistor to 1.2ohm and expect it to work without oscilations ?

Attachments

• V12R.png
    V12R.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 300
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.