The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Maybe at your place. I suppose if home theatre is last decade, music is last century. Might as well throw in the towel on everything then.

Again, no logical coherence.

What I see is that people (apart from old farts) aren't really that interested in home cinema. That doesn't imply any of the other things you suggest - but feel free to explain why you think there is a connection.

Again, no logical coherence.

What I see is that people (apart from old farts) aren't really that interested in home cinema. That doesn't imply any of the other things you suggest - but feel free to explain why you think there is a connection.

Well if you don't ever leave your house, it's hard to see anything. Anyways that was just an example of something that could be a possibility with this technology. It doesn't mean if this possibility is there, you also can't use it for stereo music as well. Anyways you just like to argue for the sole sake of argument. Even if you agree you'll still argue. I've made my point clear, we will see how the future plays out.

Not really. I just resent hype, misinformation and muddled communication.

The target audience for the information I'm sharing, has the knowledge to fill in the blanks of any misinformation I may have conveyed. That's all that matters.

If your sole purpose of taking part in threads is to nitpick the details, and create argument, of course you will be able to find that opportunity in any thread. On the downside it serves as an annoyance for anyone actually interested in the thread.

The target audience for the information I'm sharing, has the knowledge to fill in the blanks of any misinformation I may have conveyed.

That is what I am hoping too.

If your sole purpose of taking part in threads is to nitpick the details, and create argument, of course you will be able to find that opportunity in any thread. On the downside it serves as an annoyance for anyone actually interested in the thread.

Well, it isn't. So no need to worry about that. That doesn't mean I don't care about accuracy and truth - something that you might want to pay attention to too.

Mike,

Do not mix up latency problems of audio over ip and digital connections like spdif or AES EBU. In the latter one they do not exist if the end points are build the same, asrc or not.

When I was mentioning latency issues earlier, I was referring to if you're trying to match the drivers being driven by a plates using SRC chips with traditional gear. Such as using a powered sub together with a traditional passive main speaker. The sub will be time delayed slower than the main speakers. This is the opposite of what you want. You want the woofer to be faster. So you end up with a disjointed sound. But I do understand if all of the drivers in the speakers used pass through the same SRC/DSP/DAC chips the latency should be theoretically identical from plate to plate.

Keeping off topic, if a proper stereo setup is often difficult to fit in our living rooms, big 8 channels systems are basically unacceptable in 90% of our home sweet homes.

We live in the area of compact all in one sound bars, small mono battery powered bt speakers, pocket size 2 channel miniamps, and listening on the go with cheap in ear headsets...

The age of small low cost and convenient gear...

Last edited:
According to Linkwitz we learn how to hear from our experience of real musical events.

Yep, from the Master's Voice...:D

U2_360_tour_stage_Zagreb_1.JPG

I managed to get around to testing the MP502 and after burn in it's a very impressive unit.
They are indeed very close to the NC500 even the NC252MP is excellent I can not hear any difference between the 250 and the 500
How does it compare to the ICE module you had?
I've heard the Pascal module in a Gato and was not too impressed.
Had the rep from Anaview bring an AMS1000 amp over that was very good too.

They are indeed very close to the NC500 even the NC252MP is excellent I can not hear any difference between the 250 and the 500

How does it compare to the ICE module you had?

I've heard the Pascal module in a Gato and was not too impressed.

Had the rep from Anaview bring an AMS1000 amp over that was very good too.

The old ICCx based Icepower's are no match to the Ncore. But Iceedge may change that. We will see. There will be Iceedge based plates with Ravenna inputs on the market soon. Which is why Hypex needs to add it as well. Wouldn't hurt to upgrade the DSP as well. Because nobody's going to be using a DSP chip that low end in competing plates. People will love these amps, but they also are going to care about the digital interface and DSP section. I think these amps are worthy of better in that department, even if they end up costing a bit more. A system is only as good as it's weakest link.

Keeping off topic, if a proper stereo setup is often difficult to fit in our living rooms, big 8 channels systems are basically unacceptable in 90% of our home sweet homes.

We live in the area of compact all in one sound bars, small mono battery powered bt speakers, pocket size 2 channel miniamps, and listening on the go with cheap in ear headsets...

The age of small low cost and convenient gear...

Are you Julf's roommate?

For some reason AVS forums is by far the most popular audio forum on the planet next to headfi. If someone put together a fully active 7.1 channel system that only required an $400 Intel NUC, $100 switch, and $30 worth of Ethernet cables to make a full system out of, people would be very impressed. I can just imagine the dynamics of a setup like that. And no clunky old surround receiver to go obsolete in 2 years. A good plate amp will never go obsolete. And the rest is all software based.