The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

From a business point of view we should be happy that Hypex is still producing products for the DIY market..........

Yeah I imagine there isn't much money in the DIY anymore. Even though it's in Hypex's roots. I've been looking at it from more of an OEM perspective. Having been researching similar systems for 3 years, and developing our own. I have a pretty good idea of what features OEM's are going to be after moving forward.

It's not about the money. More a capacity problem of the design team......

That's kinda what I thought. But there's always the option to sub out design work which was why I shared the link to Dragon audio. There's unlimited manpower available to anyone who uses subcontractors. Nobody will care who designed the digital interface. As long as the MP amps are there, and the Hypex name is on the plate.

They have a large design team, problem is all OEM's want Ncore's these days.....

That's a great situation then. Sub out the digital interface/DSP work for the plate, and combine with the Ncore people want. Then have the digital interface options compatible with the 2 by 4 for OEM's as well who want a more powerful DSP option. Although making an Archwave Unet mini based digital interface isn't all that complicated. It's also 24/192 compatible so no bottleneck with the 2 by 4. I don't think there's a better all around option for low channel count and 24/192 capability. It's a very nice little board.

The Unet mini evaluation board

3fa77517b280e7ffa1b4e65cbd064141.jpg

Last edited:
The old ICCx based Icepower's are no match to the Ncore. But Iceedge may change that. We will see. There will be Iceedge based plates with Ravenna inputs on the market soon. Which is why Hypex needs to add it as well. Wouldn't hurt to upgrade the DSP as well. Because nobody's going to be using a DSP chip that low end in competing plates. People will love these amps, but they also are going to care about the digital interface and DSP section. I think these amps are worthy of better in that department, even if they end up costing a bit more. A system is only as good as it's weakest link.

I would be interested in such a plate amp - can you reveal who will be releasing the revenna input amps?

There are theater speakers on the market that are hooked up using AVB
Products - ASCENDO Immersive Audio

I think AVB isn't gonna last. They pissed around for too long getting all the details sorted. It requires special switches as well. Ravenna is the best option. AES67 compatible, open source, and no resolution limits. I like how they came up with the Ravenna name. It's based on the city the poet Dante died in :)