The Holy Grail Follower Output Stage

Joined 2001
Paid Member
About to mount these up and run some wires. Fortunately won't need to drill and tap anything, with some already existing "UMS" holes. PS is +/-28.5V unloaded so we'll see where that ends up. I set the gain at 4.7x since I have a tube preamp that's still part of the action.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: 8 users
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Those are mighty power supplies. ZM would be happy with them.
Will they attach by umbilical?
Just big monoblocks. Chassis salvaged from a scrap heap and re-purposed. I've shared multiple pictures and commentary in other threads (i.e. ZM's SS R.3), and don't want to clutter and derail this nice thread going into detail on those. Overkill PS not so much for the big capacitance... more for the ultra low ESR on the final C. If I like it, it will feed the next big thing (HGF Mk2 "now even Holier!", and the next one after that, and so on... Or maybe a sip from this Holy Grail really is the End Game, and I just sell everything else and retire... :D

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
My source for FETs was the EBay seller Polida Electronics Ltd. For $14.99 + $5.00 shipping you can order 5 pairs of FQA28N15+FQA36P15.

A word of warning
I ordered a set of 10 MOSFETs (28N15) from this eBay seller. When I saw the image (see below) posted by @myleftear I was quite confident that I could receive potentially genuine MOSFETs, but unfortunately the articles I received seem obviously counterfeit.
Apparently, the seller may have genuine FETs as well as fake ones.
In other words, buying from this seller seems to be a game of chance.
Do business with this seller at your own risk!

@myleftear MOSFETs (which I assume @lhquam got from Polida's store)
IMG_6183.jpeg

MOSFETs I received from Polida (visual inconsistency between the various items is significant)
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

For reference genuine onsemi 28N15 MOSFET
onsemi .jpg