The Greater Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio 2016 Get together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everyone: What to bring Saturday

Hi,
First a request - does anyone have a projector they can bring for the presenters to use? PM me if you do. Thanks.

So the meet is this Saturday, April 9th. Location information in the first post of this thread.
> Everyone is welcome <
You do not need to have built any equipment. There is a nominal fee, to cover hall costs, which has never been more than $10.

Here's a list of what you might want to bring to enhance enjoyment of the event:
1. Indoor shoes or slippers. All outdoor footwear removed upon entering please! You might want a sweater or light jacket, as the temperature in the building can vary.
2. Lunch. There will be time between sessions to run out and get something, or you can bring a lunch and keep it in the fridge.
The plan for supper is to order in pizza and share the cost.
3. Refreshments. Drinking water available in the kitchen, and a kettle if you want to bring tea bags, hot chocolate mix, etc. Please bring your own water bottle or mug, as cups are not supplied. Any snacks you want for yourself or to share.
4. Headphones. There will be a dedicated headphone setup in the second room where you can compare cans. If you bring any, please label them with your name.
5. Music! Bring any tracks you want to hear on CD or a USB storage device. Lots of time has been allowed in the schedule for listening. As with other gear, please label what you bring with your name.

John

More stuff to bring, if you choose...

In addition to the items in post 142, feel free to bring anything else you want to show to the group, for instance the HifiBerry amp ramrod60 mentioned. It should be diy, or modded, or at least out of the ordinary. We'll use the secondary room for this stuff, with two rules:
1. Nothing gets played in the second room (except for headphone listening) during the times scheduled for listening in the main room; and
2. Headphone listening takes priority in the secondary room.

In past years people have brought surplus gear, tools, music, etc. to sell/swap or to be used as a door prize. If you have anything going to waste because you never seem to use it, this is a chance to give it a new life. As with other items you bring, please label with your name, and also whether it is for sale/swap or to be used as a door prize. That will make organization much easier!

Please bring it, I'm curious about that amp. If you have speakers that you normally use with it, may as well bring them too.

I was going to bring it along but is WIFI or Ethernet avail? The interface is an app (I use Volumio). As far as speakers, I have been looking for some advice on this board (see http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/288968-looking-speakers-hifiberry-amp.html) plus PMing another Ottawa member but no replies - guess my small Pi/budget scared them off :) . I did mange to take my small (portable) rear Energy's off my Home Theater system so will bring them.

No internet available at the community centre, unless you can use your phone.
We can talk about speaker options Saturday :)

I was going to bring it along but is WIFI or Ethernet avail? The interface is an app (I use Volumio). As far as speakers, I have been looking for some advice on this board (see http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/288968-looking-speakers-hifiberry-amp.html) plus PMing another Ottawa member but no replies - guess my small Pi/budget scared them off :) . I did mange to take my small (portable) rear Energy's off my Home Theater system so will bring them.

help with diy speaker cabs in Ottawa?

HI all -

I may not be able to make it to the show, but I am wondering if there is anyone in Ottawa who would be able to help me design / adopt some cabinets for my new-to-me vintage speakers.

They are old Jensen triaxial, the kind that the dura-flex (precursor of Onken box) were designed for.

I'd like to be able to test for their Theil small parameters, and figure out the best design from there. I'm thinking an Onken variation or perhaps a smaller Imperial?

Happy to pay for the help ... I'm science-minded, but have no electronics knowledge... Just like the idea of putting these lovelies in a nice environment...

... any recommendations of people to contact?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.