The food thread

On the other hand, it's nice to know that if you're going to fit in a Valentines meal in and around your latest speaker project, that you can put together something quick, delicious and appreciated. These were served as individual courses.

The foggy one is bacon wrapped scallops and the final is Flan.

EDIT: Forgot the asparagus pic.

Attachments

• DSCN9101.jpg
    DSCN9101.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN9102.jpg
    DSCN9102.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN9104.jpg
    DSCN9104.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN9105.jpg
    DSCN9105.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN9108.jpg
    DSCN9108.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN9110.jpg
    DSCN9110.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN9103.jpg
    DSCN9103.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 37
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
There is a kebab place here which serves up meat that is so highly packed with salt that you might as well lick a bag of salt. Chomping down on just one kebab is like sucking on a bottle of oil and salt at the same time with a little meat thrown in.

I don't know how they've remained in buisness, its a lethal amount of salt and oil.

When the kebab soaks through 3 layers of paper you know its oily.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The head and trotters are the first bits to go into the pot so that we can make what we in the UK call pork brawn.
All that on a day when the newspapers are telling us that factory prepared meals are bad for us.

Yum. When I was still a carnivore I used to look forward to the brawn at christmas time my mum made. I thought after the whole prion thing that brains weren't allowed into the food chain anymore?

Joined 2014
Paid Member
That was in beef and not pork.
The problem was in the feed and has largely been sorted out now.

Ah good. I know the problem was that beef was finding its way into pork feed (although not as bad as chicken in chicken feed!).

@Nigel: Chicken Korma has nothing to do with traditional Indian food! The lack of dementia may be down to a life expectancy of only 68 years...

Ah good. I know the problem was that beef was finding its way into pork feed (although not as bad as chicken in chicken feed!).

@Nigel: Chicken Korma has nothing to do with traditional Indian food! The lack of dementia may be down to a life expectancy of only 68 years...

I think they use Turmeric which is a Indian spice.
Hardly anyone in India gets dementia.

It could be curries kill off plaque making bacteria in the gut which stops it getting in the blood stream.

I don't like kebab or pizza !
Give me a KFC or McDonalds any day.

MD has its own scandal right now in Germany. One of their abattoir operators/ patty
providers, OSI, had the mishap of not watching a film crew close enough. I have not seen
the pictures, and I won't try to. MD is now sueing OSI, but only after that thing was aired last
week. Disgusting. The abattoir has been closed.

Gerhard

Last edited:
There is a kebab place here which serves up meat that is so highly packed with salt that you might as well lick a bag of salt. Chomping down on just one kebab is like sucking on a bottle of oil and salt at the same time with a little meat thrown in.

I don't know how they've remained in buisness, its a lethal amount of salt and oil.

When the kebab soaks through 3 layers of paper you know its oily.

That is sad. My favourite local Turkish lunch joint does skewers of fresh local lamb grilled over charcoal, it is neither salty nor greasy. They serve it with rice, soft Turkish flat bread, 2 types of salad, an tadziki and red pepper paste. The only problem is that it's enough to feed at least two people!