The food thread

Never saw

It's surprising that so many around here have never seen this. Now to be honest, I've never roasted it whole but I'm thinking next time I'll try it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 9.01.04 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 9.01.04 AM.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 57
It's surprising that so many around here have never seen this. Now to be honest, I've never roasted it whole but I'm thinking next time I'll try it.

That's how they come from our farm, roasted them whole once but usually de-stalk them and roast with garlic slices (lots) and preserved lemon. Wind? you mean "mit musik" :D

Guinea pigs are kept as pets here, natures own composter.

Last edited:
Brussel sprouts i usally cook first in hot water, cut them into halfs and then fry them a little bit with small onion pieces and deglaze them with raspberry vinegar, gives a good taste and much lesser wind, the idea with grenade apple i have to try next time.

You're welcome!

Your prep is pretty close to mine: usually I'm too lazy to boil water to blanch them, I cover a bowl with saran wrap and microwave-steam them for a few minutes. Cut in half, then (usually) into the oven to get nice and roasted. Mild/fruity balsamic to finish.

Aren't you from the land of "the deadliest catch" ? ;)
That's a wee north of here. Where those deadly Pollock grow :)
I remember being put on the spot when I ordered king crab leg tempura as a very expensive appetizer and it turned out to be surimi.
Sacrebleu! Enlevez leur têtes!

I fell pray to the deception monster. They said 'crab legs' and I thought they must be near their expiry date so I snapped up a bag. I can't tell you how my heart sank when I opened them and panicked. I looked at the fine print and sure enough... They were well disguised. :bawling:

I'm very familiar with paella, but abstained from that other thing, totally.
I have most of the 1st series on VCR tape, used to record it to be able to skip the utterly annoying and peasant thing of TG.
Refused to watch any of the 2nd run, not even the mag.

Quentin Wilson was my favorite, despite having the hots for MB only.
Tiff was amusing. Even Tony Mason was likeable, compared to the thing.

I often toss Brussels sprouts with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast them in the oven, sometimes with other veg.

Another nice way to do them is to lightly boil them, then plunge them in ice water and drain them. Then fry some pancetta in a little butter, toss in some chopped chestnuts, salt, thyme, a pinch of crushed chili, then in go the sprouts and a splash of water (the water makes a bit of steam to finish cooking the sprouts).