The food thread

Mayo with the frites?

Certainly not ketchup :p

But personally, it'd rather be pickles (yellow vinegar based sauce with turmeric, mustard and crunchy vegetable chunks) or andalouse (mayonnaise with tomato paste and peppers) if the fries are served with nothing else and no sauce at all if the fries accompany a dish. The best places serving fries might also have some "carbonnade flamande" sauce (meat stewing in brown beer, all day long) which can be a good alternative. Choices, choices...

IMGDEAD]

Gift of the Vikings to the Irish (congenitally) -- for those afflicted, over the years collagen in the palm thickens and causes the tendon to pull your ring finger closed -- in its early stages it can sometimes be fixed with injections of Xiaflex but mine progressed very rapidly and required surgery. Looks like they put a zipper in the palm. It looks worse than it feels, however!

Gift of the Vikings to the Irish (congenitally) -- for those afflicted, over the years collagen in the palm thickens and causes the tendon to pull your ring finger closed -- in its early stages it can sometimes be fixed with injections of Xiaflex but mine progressed very rapidly and required surgery. Looks like they put a zipper in the palm. It looks worse than it feels, however!

My father had to have 8 fingers done. Don't worry he lived to bowl again. :)