Just a normal breakfast. Cookin‘ while cookin.’ :clown:

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    708.1 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Just watched part of that episode and I can't see the connection. ¯\(ツ)
'you can't see air' . 'You've never been to LA'
Well, look at mister lah-de-dah over there. Most Australian homes are timber framed, but then we don't need to ward against bitterly cold winters.

Having said that, my place is double brick and it's still chilly.
We have a lot of clay here and the admiralty hogged all the wood for their ships. it blew my mind when I lived in the suburbs of chicago in an estate of identical houses that you could literally order a number 23 house from home despot and a truck would turn up with a flat pack house frame. Given I have spent most of the last 30 years living in houses built before indoor plumbing was a thing* the efficiency of the central core with services and the house built around it was an impressive bit of optimisation.

My cooking today was limited to cheese biscuits for the lunch boxes and another attempt to make i can't believe its not nutella. Changed the recipe considerably this time and just hope it sets as hate to think what the kids will do with pour-able hazelnut chocolate spread.

*due to this many years in houses where the bathroom is downstairs, usually just off the kitchen. I only fell down the stairs once in the middle of the night :)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Play around with DIY chocolate truffles (candies). The interior ganache is super easy to get right on the very first try, and the exterior envelope is pretty forgiving of errors. Especially when the customers are kids, who only care about two things: CHOCOLATE!!! and also CUTE FUN TOPPINGS. Silver sprinkles, Jimmies, ground cashews, microplane shredded chocolate bars, cinnamon red-hots ... embrace your inner 8 year old and you'll have wild success

All of them. Topping should be as thick as the base. I can say that as SY won’t berate me.
I will. Toppings should be thicker than the crust. :)

And no, none of those are deep dish pizza. The crust is always thin nowadays. Sometimes we use store bought tortillas.

Attachments

• IMG_3432.jpg
    IMG_3432.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3019.jpg
    IMG_3019.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0599.jpg
    DSCN0599.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
They can get a bit 'out there' as well.

Breakfast pizza with bacon and eggs
Smoked oyster, mushroom and onion
Vegetarian aka spinach and mushroom
Valentines pizza with...
...lotsa love piled on.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00333.jpg
    DSC00333.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00334.jpg
    DSC00334.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 13
Hey Cal I have been doing meat/salt/water since mid August of last year have lost about 35 pounds, I am back to my average weight in my twenties (and I have the skin to prove it now) The process of firming up your skin takes a lot longer than losing the weight does. Never hungry never want a snack, never craved for anything to eat take very little by way of supplement a couple of things for heart and electrolytes. I target to eat between 0.8 - 1.0 grams per pound of body weight and I eat til I can't eat any more every day. I do a minimum 24 fast every 5 days or so. Too may improvements to list it's crazy. Eating OMAD (one meal a day) saves time saves money. Physical and emotional turn around. We have been lied to, I eat to live I don't live to eat now.
to anybody wondering take three months and do yourself a favour eat meat and change your life forever.

Moray, so glad you stopped in to say hi.
Glad to hear about the weight. I've noticed it only gets harder the older we get so I hope you are happy but more importantly healthy.
Judging by your tome, we don't have to guess at your spirit. That's excellent. Very happy for you.
Do you ever go for blood tests to see how things are balancing out? Just to be sure?

Anyway, feel free to pop in here more often. Show us what and how you are doing it.

Cal,

You know perfectly well Bill stays away from the good stuff like tender juicy beef, crisp bacon, melt in your mouth fish etc.

Of course if you live long enough to get old you start loosing weight. In general the higher your healthy weight at retirement, the longer you live.

Perhaps those on a tightly restricted diet have lost a reason to continue to hang around.