The F6 Revisited

Hello DIY Pros!

I have followed your builds of all "First Watt" amplifiers and especially the F6.

I wonder how I can get the circuit boards for this revised F6?I've been looking for someone to make them for me but haven't had much luck. If it leans towards group purchases, I'm happy to join!

// mawi

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Try JLCPCB.com The standard options will work fine. Simply upload the compressed Gerber files one at a time into JLCPCB adding them to the cart. All the specs as well as a front and back pic should pop up. They should be around $10 per channel for 5 boards and then shipping. The shipping is expensive so if you can piggyback some other PCBs like say maybe some of Mark Johnson's (Quasimodo...) it may offer a better bang for the buck.

Lovely!! If I understand it there are two cards, one for the right and one for the left, just like the original F6. Considers JLCPCB as two different boards with different Gerber files ( 2 * 5 boards)
Do any of you have the measurements on the cards.... They seem to be needed to place an order? I'll check further on JLCPCB and see if anything else turns up :)

B.R // mawi

Correct, 2 different pcb's, one for each channel.

No, you don't need the dimensions at JLC, once you upload the gerber files, it will show both sides of the board and the measurements, you just need basically to select what color you want, standard specs are fine for all other features. Then add it to your basket and do the same for the other channel. When you check out you need to pick what freight option you want to pay for, there are about 5 options (for me here in Aus) and as you select each one it will show the cost and delivery time for you.

Sign up and it will be easier then you can see where the pcb is up to in production and tracking etc...

Now for something a little bit different..
I finally got my Cary Audio monoblocks up and playing; four KT120s in each channel helping to warm up the room. This is all kinds of fun, the amps sound nothing like my old Dynaco ST-70. More like my F6, in fact, but with much higher input sensitivity and lots of power on tap.

Reactions: 1 user
Of course..

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 90
The twins ride a line between being merciless and highly detailed - not what I would have expected.
My F6 with the CineMags and IXTQ75N10P is just on the other side of that line - highly detailed if slightly forgiving.

All those tube do shine ever so brightly with acoustic instruments.

Reactions: 2 users