The F6 Revisited

Things are looking really good..
I will be powering up the new boards this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 5 users
The new boards are making beautiful music. Really amazing sound from a fresh build. The CineMags are a worthy investment.

These boards were made with IXTQ75N10P Mosfets, biased at 1.75A.
These are excellent high transconductance parts that are readily available.

Mikerodrig27 is the keeper of the latest Gerber files, tweaked slightly from the ones I have to ease installation of the CineMags. Let’s release these here, then maybe see about getting them into the first post of the thread.

Reactions: 5 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
The new boards are making beautiful music. Really amazing sound from a fresh build. The CineMags are a worthy investment.

These boards were made with IXTQ75N10P Mosfets, biased at 1.75A.
These are excellent high transconductance parts that are readily available.

Mikerodrig27 is the keeper of the latest Gerber files, tweaked slightly from the ones I have to ease installation of the CineMags. Let’s release these here, then maybe see about getting them into the first post of the thread.
The only changes that we made for the Cinemag boards that Tungsten has were to enlarge the holes slightly and to move the transformer on one channel over by 2mm to allow for more room from the resistors.

I want to confirm that the hole pattern stayed intact then I will release them. I should be able to release them tonight. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Okie dokie. Here are the F6 Diamond V2 Gerbers as requested. This has been a fun little project. I hope that you guys really enjoy building this amp! :)

Attachments

• 1704945901992.png
    1704945901992.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 1704945935395.png
    1704945935395.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Gerber_PCB_First Watt F6 Diamond Left.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Gerber_PCB_First Watt F6 Diamond Right.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Thank You
Reactions: 9 users
Purple is a fun color.
The CineMags will be worth the wait. They reach deeper into the bottom octave and are better at preserving phase coherence with bass and percussion instruments. Sort of difficult to describe, and probably system dependent, but my speakers had completely disappeared by the end of this evening’s listening session. Will resume tomorrow morning.

Reactions: 4 users
I have been listening to a variety of music over the day. It’s a rough job, and somebody needs to do it. ;)

The previous boards in my F6 differed from the current set only by the type of signal transformer. With a lot of musical material, the Jensen and CineMag transformers are very close in sound; enough so that I would be hard pressed to call out a difference. Each set of boards lets music flow. With a few recordings, the CineMags distinguish themselves in their presentation of acoustics in the lower octave and with clarity and physical presence of percussion. In some cases I noticed things that I hadn’t heard before. The CineMags tend to shine their best with simpler arrangements.

Both types are equally impressive in their specifications. Frequency and phase response are linear over the 20 Hz to 20 kHz spectrum to a dB and degree. Both companies make products for use in professional recording equipment; this shows in their attention to the small details.

At the end of the day I am really happy to have the CineMags residing in my F6. I think I will leave them there.

Reactions: 4 users