The F6 Revisited

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 18-11-22 Pass Labs FIRST WATT J2 Finale di potenza.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 18-11-22 Pass Labs FIRST WATT J2 Finale di potenza.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: 1 user
TA can advise specifically, but the circuit is the same, just some cosmetic changes, delete the zeners, minor spacing changes, connection for the PSU has extra lands and the transformer can now accommodate both Jensen and Cinemag transformers. See posts #'s 242,243,249 and 257 for details.

For the Diamond Buffer version, I would wait till TA has tested the new revision and releases the gerbers.

Reactions: 1 users
A couple of questions... What part number for C3,4,6,7 from Mouser? Is the R1* necessary for IRFP240 outputs? Or can it be jumpered? Is matching of the input (diamond) transistors necessary? I'm going to use the LED bias mod. I like the discrete mounting. Will leave the zener holes empty. I already have Jensens...

A couple of questions... What part number for C3,4,6,7 from Mouser? Is the R1* necessary for IRFP240 outputs? Or can it be jumpered? Is matching of the input (diamond) transistors necessary? I'm going to use the LED bias mod. I like the discrete mounting. Will leave the zener holes empty. I already have Jensens...
Read posts 3 and 48. Post 48 has a partial BOM. R1* is a recommendation not a requirement. Matching of the diamond transistors isn’t a necessity. It’s fun.

There is a lot of variability with this design and it’s up to the builder to decide which is best. Tungsten’s research is quite helpful in that regard.

Happy New Year 🎆

Best,
Anand.

Last edited:
I always read the thread from the first post and printout or cut and paste relevant info from all the thread into one document for review, that way you have a handy timeline on any changes etc as the amp is tested and further developed. This method is highly recommended for potential builders, you can add screenshots of any photo's, board layouts, BOM's etc.

Reactions: 4 users