The diyAudio First Watt M2x

M2X - BlackForestBuffer

Another view on the JFets and BJTs

Attachments

• M2X_Black_Forest_buffer_front.jpg
    M2X_Black_Forest_buffer_front.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 259
Hello M2X-builders,
this is my selfbuilt testrig for the M2X-bufferboards. Built on protoboard.
Together with a symmetrical regulated PSU (adjustable voltage).
Greets
Dirk

It is a nice one!
Now when I use a M2X amp board I wondered if I should mount a real Edcor to have the correct load of the board but I installed a 1k load resistor for the moment. If I should develop own input boards it would be a good idea and also a PSU that was more silent.....

Seems my two Cedarburg boards are up and running and next step is to put them into the amp. My first input board without the 220uF coupling/DC-blocker cap.....

to Ryssen #4986

Hello Ake,

I didn't try without heatsinks.

The two TOSHIBA TTA004B run at ca. 35° - 40° C.
The regulator TTA004B (Qs1) is running at around 25°-32° C. Not strictly necessary to use a heatsink there. But try.

You don't need that big heatsinks as I did. And I have higher railvoltages in my M2X (+-25.5 V)

Cheers
Dirk :cheers:

Have fun!

Joined 2016
Paid Member
These are somewhat cheaper, if you are not looking for long life :
SOT23-6L SOT23 To DIP IC Programmer Adapter Chip Test Socket | eBay

(Disclaimer: Have not used them before, so not sure of quality.)

Patrick

I have actually bought this a while ago, and it works.

I wanted to use it to put in two SK209 at the same time to do differential matching. For that, however, I needed to cut away the lower PCB. There are some connections on the lower PCB that don't let the two devices be independent.

Best regards, Claas

M2X - BlackForestBuffer

How does it sound?

My impressions in a few short words:

It sounds very detailed and clear. And I have the impression that it is 'fast'

Room information is very nice. So you hear very well, if an instrument is deeper or closer positioned to your listening positionl.

My M2X is running with the BFB-boards in my active system. It delivers the Mid/tweeters. So I can't say at the moment how the bass is. Will try this the next few days.
Greets
Dirk :sing:

It costs me half an hour to simulate everything in Spice to make sure everything is OK.
So I shall only do this once.
And I have only simulated, so I cannot guarantee that it works as intended and will not oscillate.
Disclaimer up front.

You can start with R11,12 at 820R.
This should give you current through R1,2 for about 30mA.
i.e. voltage across R1 should be ~80mV.

It is most likely you need to adjust that value.

Patrick