The Black Hole......

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Damir,

I changed the power supply to +/-35vdc at 5A total idle, 24 OP devices and fixed a HF osc with RC at each FET; Improved SOA.

Here is max power THD+N at 2 Ohms.

91063257_665816874168383_6770085454659190784_n.jpg

-Richard

Last edited:
A little more than 100W into 8 Ohms.

-Richard

0.5Watt into 8 Ohm is 2 Volt rms out.
Assume that the specified 20ppm at 0.5 Watt is just white noise.
20 ppm of 2Volt is 40uV at the output or circa 1,3 uV RTI.
Not knowing the BW that was used, but when taking a usual 80Khz, this translates into ca 5nV/rtHz.

Sorry, but I find this a bit hard to believe.

Hans

Richard you can't get 100W at 8 Ohm with +-35V DC, some of this is wrong.
Damir

When bridging amps you can achieve 100Watt in 8 Ohm with +/-35Volt.
With the 5 amps idle current per single amp, it will mean 20 Amp for a stereo set.
This will be approx 2000 Watt fom the mains.
For each CD that is played, the Power Plant Operator will charge you for ca. $ 0,40 :D :D

Hans

When bridging amps you can achieve 100Watt in 8 Ohm with +/-35Volt.
With the 5 amps idle current per single amp, it will mean 20 Amp for a stereo set.
This will be approx 2000 Watt fom the mains.
For each CD that is played, the Power Plant Operator will charge you for ca. $ 0,40 :D :D

Hans

Bridged amp with +-35V power supply can deliver 200W/8 ohm but nobody said it's bridged.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Bridged amp with +-35V power supply can deliver 200W/8 ohm but nobody said it's bridged.

Not bridged.

he said.... "Use standard (Vdc) x (Vdc)/2Rload'

Might be THD and not THD+N. he will use another instrument to double check the numbers. label at top of screen may be wrong.

PS voltage is actually +/- 42vdc

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic post, but it seems appropriate to now.

There is a group of people on Groups.io that is designing a ventilator as an open source project with what appears to be a qualified group of engineers and medical people.

ref: Circuit Board for Bare-Bones Ventilator Moves Toward Production with Radio Amateurs’ Help

VentilatorDevelopers@groups.io | Home

if you can be of service to this activity, or you can adapt it to your part of the world...
I think the rest is self evident.

Go in good health
Alan

Hi Alan,
I am working with the group on that ventilator project, it is progressing rapidly...I am peripheral to the group and actually just doing machining for the microfluidic mixer, nothing electronic...
From what I have been told production quantities of parts should be available within a few weeks...of course there are a few legal hurdles to jump...from FDA to patent clearances...

Cheers!
Howie / WA4PSC