• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Alpha Big Boy with Buttah (ABBB) 52w Class A Amp GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Production ABBB boards and miniboards arrived

These were waiting for me when I got home today. They look really nice and the little miniboards turned out really well too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ABBB-Production-01.jpg
    ABBB-Production-01.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 920
  • ABBB-Production-02.jpg
    ABBB-Production-02.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 562
  • ABBB-Production-03.jpg
    ABBB-Production-03.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 574
  • ABBB-Production-04.jpg
    ABBB-Production-04.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 1,054
Here is a Mouser shopping cart for the BOM for 1 channel (order 2 for a stereo pair). Thank you to Vunce for putting this together.

Mouser Electronics

Please save as your own project before modifying it. Have fun!

Excellent!

Thank you Vunce, you have saved us a massive amount of work.

is it possible to edit the first post to include the cart and updated schematic/stuffing list?
I am not seeing anything in this thread or the Alpha thread that I can positively say is the current schematic/etc.

I Just scored a lot of 4 LGA1567 heatsinks for $20.00 :)
Figured I better snatch them before they all vanish.

I expect it will be a few months before I get around to this.

Also, thank you to those who contributed to these boards. I know it is a boatload of work, and it is really appreciated.

-Josh

Joined 2014
Paid Member
There’s a lot of pieces to this puzzle, please double check the BOM before ordering and take your time during your build :)
As X mentioned, save as your own project before you make any adjustments and the list is for a single channel. It must be doubled in your cart for a stereo amplifier.

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY BUILDING!!:D

Cheers,
Vunce

Vunce, thanks for the BOM on Mouser, it will save me a lot of time and allow me to part with my money quicker than ever :D

I took a quality control pass at the Mouser BOM and have the following notes / changes. In the spirit of collaboration, someone should probably check my work here as well!

Notes:
- C102, C1020, C1021, C1022: pick one, C102 in cart or something fancier on alternative pads
- C111, C214, C234 are SMD options for C1110, C215, C235 respectively, choose either TH or SMD
- R105, R106: 6k8 and 402R are TBD in schematic / BOM, selected in cart to add up to 7200R as specified in schematic

Substitutions:
- C301, C303 are currently out of stock, 505-MKS2C032201B00JA is the same, just different packaging

Errors:
- H303 in cart is H311 in schematic / BOM
- R100,R116 in cart should be R100,R115
- R126 is 2k2 in cart but 10R in BOM / schematic, replace with 71-CMF5510R000BHEA
- R236 is missing from cart but 10R in BOM / schematic. Add 71-CMF5510R000BHEA
- R136 is 2k2 in cart, but does not exist in BOM, remove from cart