The Aleph30 PCB layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any chance you have a pic to share, Brian?

Soon. Right now it's just sitting in parts on the workbench, but I have all the chassis bits ready, minus some wood panels I need to mill out of Walnut (have the stock for that too). I am pretty swamped with the X-BoSoZ kits right now, but maybe next week I'll see some daylight.

PS: For the chassis, I am using an old Antec Aria aluminum frame and heatsinks I got from mpmarino.

PPS: Peter, do you have pics of the completed "Aleph Vesuvius?"

Re: zen version 3 power supply

I received all the boards today and will be shipping them tomorrow. For Europe, you may expect delivery middle of next week, for USA it's really hard to say, it may be 5-10 days, depending on location

carpenter said:
Nelson demonstrated how to construct a regulated power supply for the zen-3. I want to use it with the aleph 30. My question: do I use this ps after the aleph's ps capacitors, or does it eliminate the ps 10000uF caps altogether?

I'm not familiar with that PS arrangement, but why don't you use same caps values as in Zen-3 with reg supply. Usually, with regulated supply, lower capacitance is needed, comparing to unregulated supply.

Aleph 30

Peter
thanks for the email.

I notice on the photos of your populated board that C7 and C8 are missing. Is it that they hadn't been fitted at that time, or do you consider them as not needed?

Do you know if C11 could be bypassed with any benefit, or could it become unstable or something?

Do you have any of the 0R47 3W resistors left, I didn't order enough :bawling:

Kev

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.