Studio Reference Amplifier

one can also make a mistake when drawing a schematic into diptrace. there is no 100% sure way to draw a pcb except testing it after sprint and diptrace.

If the schematic is correct in Diptrace, then the layout will be correct 100%.
Diptrace keeps the layout bound to the schematic.
You can also make a change in schematic and then automatically reflect it in the layout. You can automatically check the layout against the schematic as well as against the design rules that you define.

Same with eagle. its easy to make correct schematic, (but very difficult to make correct layout without schematic compatibility).
if schematic file already present as jpeg/bmp/png, I import it on a different layer then draw the schematic on top of it.
then ofcourse there are ERC (Electrical Rule Check in schematic) which checks missing connections , missing values, pin overlap, overlapping nets, and host of other checks.
once there are no ERC errors, as a final step, I go about checking each device's gender, pinout and orientation (which again is very easy in a schematic).

Hello Prasi,

Your methods are hierarchic. We designed like that back in the <80's. They require too much checking and are very time consuming. It is so easy to make a mistake. You have no layout DRC checking other than by eye, let alone it is an open ended process with no synchronization between schematic and layout.
Why perpetuate an error prone process when there are much better and free solutions available, i.e CadKey? Yes it is a learning curve, but well worth it in the end.

Hello Prasi,

Your methods are hierarchic. We designed like that back in the <80's. They require too much checking and are very time consuming. It is so easy to make a mistake. You have no layout DRC checking other than by eye, let alone it is an open ended process with no synchronization between schematic and layout.
Why perpetuate an error prone process when there are much better and free solutions available, i.e CadKey? Yes it is a learning curve, but well worth it in the end.

:confused: I was speaking in favour of schematic compatibility softwares like eagle, diptrace, etc, I use eagle. I was detailing its features. Even in eagle schemaic its sometimes possible to insert a BCE device when you actually need a ECB. That's why I make it a point to check device pinouts/orientations even after schematic ERC is perfect.

And was saying that Its easier to make a correct schematic (and hence correct layout) than make a correct layout without the schematic compatibility inbuilt in the CAD.
I am not advocating/practicing error prone process.

Last edited:
Same with eagle. its easy to make correct schematic, (but very difficult to make correct layout without schematic compatibility).
if schematic file already present as jpeg/bmp/png, I import it on a different layer then draw the schematic on top of it.
then ofcourse there are ERC (Electrical Rule Check in schematic) which checks missing connections , missing values, pin overlap, overlapping nets, and host of other checks.
once there are no ERC errors, as a final step, I go about checking each device's gender, pinout and orientation (which again is very easy in a schematic).

Thank you prasi for this nice easy way !

Even in eagle schemaic its sometimes possible to insert a BCE device when you actually need a ECB. That's why I make it a point to check device pinouts/orientations even after schematic ERC is perfect.

The problem is that in different small signal transistor libraries, even the same transistor type can be found with different pinout. So, before using transistor, one should check the pinout for that particular component and compare it with the actual component. But common small signal transistors types are the only components where I found this inconsistency.

Apex sr200

Apex sr200 white pcb .Thanks miles sir

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_180257.jpg
    IMG_20200607_180257.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 596
  • FB_IMG_1591854450483.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591854450483.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 527
Apex SR55

Finally SR55 complete, its working fine, sound very nice, every tone very clear. Operating volt +/-40v DC, bias 8.5mv, but DC little high from my expectation 20-30mv. is it ok?. Thanks Prasi, Gannaji help me on this PCB and special thanks Mr. Mile for this Amplifier.
Regard
Gurpreet

Attachments

• SR55 PCB.jpg
    SR55 PCB.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 650
  • Apex SR55.jpg
    Apex SR55.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 630
  • SR55 Tested.jpg
    SR55 Tested.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 576