Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V3)

Hi,
I have questions about Aleph J and speaker protector.

Are theses substitutions right :

What kind of power transformer is needed for the speaker protector ? (12VAC) I need 230V one.

Thanks for help. If you have advices...:worship:

Is it possible to use the board with a 15VAC supply? I'm planning to use an unused secondary of one of the 2 power transformers (AN-4445) used in my Honey Badger project. What voltage must the relays be rated for? Maybe 6 or 9 VDC? Also, given that the power transformers are connected to the soft start board, the voltage on the 15VAC secondary will presumably rise slower. Will this pose a problem for the delay circuitry?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
tesla005:

I'm no expert, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. 15VAC once rectified will be about 21VDC, minus diode losses of about 1V, or 20VDC. The two relays on the speaker protection board are in series. The relay you specified has a pick-up voltage of 75%, which I believe means the two relays should activate when they see a total of 18VDC. I believe you'd be fine with two 12VDC relays. That said, maybe use a 12VDC relay and a 9VDC relay instead?

Regards.

Hello , I have question about proper speaker protection board connection. I have 33+- VDC psu and separate 12 V transformator to feed SPBoard. Please check my connections . Brown and blue 12VAC , yellow ground PSu. in this configuration delay works good, but i am not sure if dc protection is also ok. i made test with 1,5V battery ( battery '+" to IN on board nad battery "-" to chassis. relay did not disconnect speakers .

Attachments

• 20230911_211924.jpg
    20230911_211924.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 93