Something to lighten the mood

I shall go back to a saucepan. I have had similar explosive problems with eggs in the Microwave. I know when I am beaten.

And No.. we've already bought edge trimmers. :)

attachment.php

Anybody else going to have a guess what it is? You'll want one when you know, er, IMO.

That's part of the fun Magnus.
Come on, let's hear some Swedish words of wisdom in direct translation.

I'll share one:
Original: "Du skal tidlig krøkes om du god krok skal bli!"
Direct: "You shall early "bend" if you good hook shall be!"
Literal: "You should be formed/hardened by experience from early on if you want to become a good and wise old man!"

Last edited:
Spirits, as per origin of alcohol:
Whisky from malted grains, mostly wheat and barley.
Rum from sugar cane.
Brandy from distilled wine, mostly grape but others too.
Gin from juniper berries.
Vermouth is flavored brandy.
Vodka from potato

Gin is not made from juniper berries. They are only used to flavour it, together with various other "botanicals".

I have ben on a tour around the Bombay Sapphire and was surprised to hear that they buy in the raw alcohol and then add the flavours to it.

Yes levi, we had a go at the potato vodka thing so while we're at it:
Along with the gin,
Rum is made from an assortment of sugars and refined sugar sources. Anything that can be classified as a sugar counts.
Brandy is distilled wine yes, but if not made from grapes must be labelled as such.
Gin, as you say, is made from any number of things, mostly grain alcohol, then flavoured. Juniper #1 on the list.
Vermouth is a strange one. You take wine, add liquor and flavours and depending on your goal you may or may not distill it. Too many variables for this thread.

It needs to rest in oak for at least three years before emerging as the finished article.
And that be fine lad, but can ya nay give me the answer no one seems to want to.

If the spirit caramel does all the heavy lifting why in heck is there any concern about single malt vs. blended? Why is the credit not given where it's due? Anyone can soak it in properly burnt barrels (the real smoothing factor) for however long they like, but by golly lad, where does the truth in this matter lie?

I'll be tucking me head back under me kilt now, awaiting the barrage. Time for a wee dram of the finest.