Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

Maybe some of your transistors are fakes? Swap them with some known real transistors. Don't give up, this is an amazing design and you've already gone too far to give up on it.

oh man I was thinking about that cause I use some transistors from Tayda Electronics I usually always order from Mouser all the semiconductors that most be the reason I'm gonna check the layout to see if I did something wrong but I know for sure that fine anyway is best if I double check the layout we humans after all I'll keep you inform :) also did anyone order from Tayda electronics that have a problem with fake transistors?

Vargas

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Juan.... 😰😰😰 sad news with the greenamp board.

Steps I would use to check it.

1. Re check the layout against the actual circuit from OS.

2. Check the circuit on multisim matches the OS schematic.

3. If all is ok. Check if the circuit will run at 25v by using multisim.

4 . If it works on multisim then there is probably a problem with component placement. Check the PCB

5. Once the board is checked. Then use your multimeter and check the voltages around the board are close to the multisim schematic. This should 100% hi light the problem

Regards

Mr ST

as a second thoughts the reason that is not working properly is becuase the supply voltages is to low? 25V DC or go back the black board again oh Lord!

Vargas
zener regulators need a higher voltage to not lose voltage.

R20/22 = 2.7 -3.3K @ 30-40V rails.
I noticed you used green led's for the CCS's , your differential sources
are at a much higher current with the 2.2-2.4V+ Vf of the green's.

Red's are 1.7 - 2V Vf.

OS

oh man that most be the problem I mess that up :( make sences stupid me! you tested with 60V rails I'm using 25V DC no wander it din't work "I think" I think was because I was so concentrated not to mess it up that I forgot all about it to changed to 54V DC, I have a transformer that can give 54V DC I think I did use the smaller one as a "safe test" ok ok so what I'm gonna do is order the right led's I'm not gonna give up I still can do it at least there is audio coming out :eek:
Vargas

Hi Juan.... ������ sad news with the greenamp board.
agree I have to see if there is also that a misplace components that can be too oh well I just need to be positive and keep on traying

sorry OS I forgot to ask if I'm gonna use 50 to 60 V DC R20 and R22 what would be the values?

last question of the night Puerto Rico local time, is this LED be ok?
Mouser part number 696-SSL-LX5093XRC-TR
SSL-LX5093XRC-TR Lumex | Mouser Puerto Rico
RED
Operating Supply Voltage:
1.7 V

Vargas

Attachments

• SSL-LX5093XRC-TR-121543.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 92
at 25V DC rails is about 3.38mA positive and 3.30mA negative and zenervoltages yes too low +4.6 and -4.7 VDC

Juan please look here
Zener Diode Series Resistor Calculator
Keep in mind that zener voltage is for input and servo circuit only when VAS need the ful Rail voltage for proper operation.
Pete what is the I load?(servo&input current)

yeah man I wasn't thinking clearly it does make sense that is not gonna work properly with the supply voltages I have 25V DC and wrong LED OS mention that they need to be 1.7 - 2 fV I just order the correct LED last night that be my fault agree of what you saying "VAS need the full Rail voltage for proper operation."

but I do have a toridal that after rectification and filtering it give me about 54V DC that is the one I'm gonna use after I get the other board ready

oh ok ok hey thimios I try with 54V DC rails and I have a bit more audio but I can not get more volume I have suspicious thinking that this transistors marked in green are fake cause I got them from Tayda Electronics they cost 6 cents each and I always usually order only from a trusted online stores like DigiKey or Mouser so that might be the problem but I will keep checking the layout probably I did something wrong another thing I really don't like to ask for favors but can some one take a look at the file to see if you guys can find the bug? by the way good new I just got the Arc welder PCB I'm gonna check the quality from JLCPCB :)

Vargas

Attachments

• fake transistors.JPG
    fake transistors.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 473
  • Greenamp catching the bugs.zip
    163.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
no yet thimios but none of the LED turns on I use a 54V supply voltage I have audio but too low and the only led's that turn on are D3 and D4 I'm a bit upset cause I know I spend a good time making sure that there are no errors on the layout maybe there is one bug but I can't see it, this image shows the image of the LED that does not turn on even with 54V supply voltage "I'm trying to keep myself positive" and figure it out this it must be something silly that I did, can be this reasons:

1. wrong LED's OS explain to be 1.7 Vf probably D8,7,10,9 are 2.4 Vf
2. misplace trace or connection
3. fake transistors can be Q7, Q8, Q11, Q12 this is from Tayda Electronics
4. wrong resistors value this happens a lot

so what I'm gonna do is keep checking the layout till a find that bug and killed!
Vargas

Attachments

• Greenamp D8 D7 D10 D9 off.JPG
    Greenamp D8 D7 D10 D9 off.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 452
Last edited: