Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

I am wishing out loud that the 21st could be integrated into the output board too.:D SMD and all...:D

Yup , but only part of it.
The DC/current protect and SS relay will be on my new OPS.

Able to be connected out to the "21'st" , but able to work independently.

I am past frustration now with diptrace (below 1/2).

But , I am worried about these SOT23-6 pads , the 3D 23-6 does not fit
the pads , but a 363 will ??? (below 3).
I WILL get it !!
OS

Attachments

• frontspooky.jpg
    frontspooky.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 806
  • backspooky.jpg
    backspooky.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 798
  • sot23-6 wrong.jpg
    sot23-6 wrong.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 799
how about using BF862 for the input for KyptonV2? I agree the fact that its RF part but with gate resistors it can be stabilized. In the case of Kyptonv2 there is already 820 ohm at input and 22k as the feedback resistor. So will there be any stabilities issue?

how about using 2sk2145 but its dual with common source. So omitting source resistor would imbalance ? we still have 1k resistor at the input connecting to the source. Any chance of using 2sk2145?

what is THD at 10Khz?

The real THD is determined by the imperfection of transistors and
magnetic fields interference from the output stages to the input. So linearity won't be as high as in the model. Usually is 0,000.2...0,000.3% at a frequency of 20 kHz at full output. Because with the decrease of the signal frequency feedback grows, it is hoped that lower range and distortion will be less than the given level.

But the focus should be on the level of 0,000.2...0,000.3%, it is practically measured.

Last edited:
Due to high input capacitance (which reduces the slew rate and depth feedback) and nonlinear characteristics of FETs in the output stage consider to be evil. :) Bipolar transistors are better.

An inductor L2 between the emitter Q35 Q36 input stage (556.asc) is an element of frequency compensation. L2 and R21R23 reduce the amplification of this cascade is higher than 1.8 MHz.

Last edited:
vargasmongo3435
If you don't mind I can give you a small advice, so you do not have to repeat my mistakes.
I have build a few amps with latfets as in your OPS and the bias was not so stable drivers are heating up and they really need a compensation (If you will close amplifier enclosure the drift will be a way larger). So I have putted a smal BC to92 transistor to compensate drivers at the small heatsink. Now bias is rock solid no mather what.
Just a few components more and the difference is really worth it.

In between Q6 and Q7 there is a lot of room for small to92 transistor.

Regards Peter