Simplistic NJFET RIAA

0.47uF C3 you had in your previous maybe explains some rumble. It was in the directions you could choose between 0.047uF to 0.1uF.

OMG. I did not put attention to these caps values during installation. Supplier made mistake and sent 0.47uF instead of ordered 0.047uF. It can’t be related to Sub rumble since that unit used with headphones in my office. The one that I used in my main system has Mundorfs and C3s are 0.1uF. Good catch, Salas. Thank you and again, I need to ware my glasses tightly. I’m going to box that one with wrong C3s and I’ll swap caps to the right values.
It is too late to complain about wrong parts to Partsconnexion since I purchased these about 5 years ago. So, I'll get new caps :(.

Attachments

• Partsconnexion order.jpg
    Partsconnexion order.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 391
  • Mundorf 0_1_2.jpg
    Mundorf 0_1_2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Mundorf 0_1uF.jpg
    Mundorf 0_1uF.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
How many hours of play by now?

About 4-5. Not that much.
But sound changes. From the 1st record out, till my last LP that I listened to, I'm getting more feel towards transparency and an airy (subjectively). I'm trying not to get my ears TLVed (TLV comes from the smell of gas phenomenons, when you can't smell ammonia for example after 20 min of being exposed). So, I take some breaks to refresh my brain (not sure if my brain is susceptible from adjustments :) ).

Thank you. It is NOS Triplett Vmeter. Hard to find these days. Unfortunately, it is not cheap. I paid $45 for it. Unfortunately , it is not illuminated, but totally sealed and shielded. Front window is made from the real glass.
Yes, it is 500kOhm Bourns multiturns trimmer to adjust/calibrate input voltage precisely. I also added rectifier and 100uF cap to serve it.
You actually advanced me with the idea to measure rails outs ... :).
That is my plan and I’m going to add two more switches to measure that: one to toggle 120V or 50/60V, and second one for the left and right channels choice. I think it will be cool.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yesterday I was at a friend's, he has an FSP with good parts. Z-Foil, MR, CMR, the works. He had it powered on for three days straight listening to hard rock. Wanted it in constant thermal Nirvana state. He sat me listen to Led Zep's first album. Loud. It really was something. Very alive, like having them there. Kinda time machine to late 60's London.
He said how is it possible to be more detail in the ultra? Your friend Alex at diyA made me wanna redo it he said. :D And he showed me a box of goodies. The boards and mini kits. Just how many Wima C2Y Tea had there was something else. A dozen or so.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
We also took nice macro shots of his cart. DV Te Kaitora Rua. Loaded with 220R. Interestingly after it played enough records it had no dust on the stylus. But vinyl dust can be seen built up along the front yoke's inner side.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_232257.jpg
    IMG_20200626_232257.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20200626_232550.jpg
    IMG_20200626_232550.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 334
Wow, it is quite expensive cart and now I see (beside using an excellent phono) why he has nice and detailed sound playing Led Zepps.:). BTW, is it that one?

Adjustments.jpg

BTW, I forgot to mention that I have Wilson Benedch Carbon cart and it is collecting dust in the same way. Since I got Pro-Ject cleaning machine, dust issue is controlled way better :).

Last edited: