Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thanks to Tea B I finally got a new mosfet in there,everything light up Now:).now need some adjusting.Now my power supply voltage drop to 37 voltage at DC end when hook up and both fire up?:eek: it that normal?

lapsan

You mean raw DC at board input level? That's too low. If you got Vdrop on the 15Ω resistors suggesting about 100mA through each, then the boards are OK but the raw PSU has a mistake or some wrong spec.

You mean raw DC at board input level? That's too low. If you got Vdrop on the 15Ω resistors suggesting about 100mA through each, then the boards are OK but the raw PSU has a mistake or some wrong spec.
Thank you,i got it back to 48volt at the input,on one rail is 34.6 volt and on another rail is 30.6 volt so far,i'm trying to bring that up to match the other side.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 282
Hi Hikari1.

Would you mind upload a drawing of how you place the components on your protoboard?

It would be very appreciated:)

Regards

Turbon,

Here is what I am thinking for layout. IT IS UNTESTED, there may be mistakes. It is sized for 7x9cm protoboard. The gray area is heatsink. Feel free to comment or give suggestions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 12.46.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 12.46.21 PM.png
    62 KB · Views: 360
  • SalasShunt.jpg
    SalasShunt.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 367
Building the pcb version...

View attachment 442865

I think Q3 was upside down as well. Here is a revised layout.

Well, I decided to build a 40db gain version using the pcb's instead as I have a kit. Saved it for another 63db build but as I have oldie goodie mm carts I wan't to give them the respect of something documented good. It feels as a more secure path with support from the designer.

Regards

Well, I decided to build a 40db gain version using the pcb's instead as I have a kit. Saved it for another 63db build but as I have oldie goodie mm carts I wan't to give them the respect of something documented good. It feels as a more secure path with support from the designer.

Regards

Actually, mine is a 40db version too. PCB is a good idea, when I started mine the group buy was not going yet, and I wanted to use batteries initially because I didn't have a suitable transformer or case. But yes, the PCB should be good.

I am using a Ortofon 2M bronze on a Rega P5 with the Nfet phono (using batteries) now. It is amazing. I hope the shunt is better than batteries but it will be worth it just to not have to monitor the voltage and replace batteries all the time.

Actually, mine is a 40db version too. PCB is a good idea, when I started mine the group buy was not going yet, and I wanted to use batteries initially because I didn't have a suitable transformer or case. But yes, the PCB should be good.

I am using a Ortofon 2M bronze on a Rega P5 with the Nfet phono (using batteries) now. It is amazing. I hope the shunt is better than batteries but it will be worth it just to not have to monitor the voltage and replace batteries all the time.

Hikari1, I'm sure that the shunt will outshine the batteries. I'm equally sure that the whole will astonishe you in it's brilliance. I choose the easy path as I have most of the parts needed.

Regards