Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2009
Paid Member
3 months later quite well, thanks. Now I can finish my RIAA: the pcb is on my desk, ready to be populated. :happy2:
Last month I had a chance to meet some Barca supporters in Greece (during the supercup) and had dinner toghter the day after ;)

I am glad to hear now you are well, please photos & schematic of your RIAA will be helpfull (you know star gnd & star power).
Barça supporters are good people, sure you enjoy the dinner:)

I'm going to follow this schem:

Attachments

• Salas RIAA LowMC60 Maxpou.gif
    Salas RIAA LowMC60 Maxpou.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 297
I understand you perfectly.
Only was curiosity I'm not enough knowledge to make a simple tonearm so for me is impossible to do a super-tonearm to fight vs the best design ever made.

Merlin,
there are many "simple" tonearms out there. For a SPU or DL103 I'd recommend the arm from Thomas Schick. A winner for it's price.

With 15V & 0.02A measure 6.3V it's ok? wich measured voltage I need to look for 7-7.3V?
0.02A (20mA) seems quite a bit too high.
Try 10mA and 5mA and measure the string voltage at these lower currents.
OR
use your chosen jFET+R17 as the CCS and test the string voltage using the actual jFET.
The R17 value of 180r will reduce the k170 current to much below it's Idss.

Using post4728 for circuit details & values.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It won't be wise to run that ccs fet at full idss because it sees a high potential across and it will dissipate much. He could use a dropping resistor before it if deleting the idss resistor. Say 3k3 1W between B+ and fet. Leds are at their most quiet from 2-7mA normally.