Simple, no-math transformer snubber using Quasimodo test-jig

Joined 2011
Paid Member
... I am having trouble with my build and would like to have some indicative ballpark ...
You can build a temporary "CheapoModo" (link to thread here) , even on a solderless breadboard. See image below. That's the first prototype of CheapoModo and it worked quite well. It took about 1.5 hours to assemble, including cutting and stripping all of the hook up wires.

Attachments

• Quasimodo_on_perfboard.jpg
    Quasimodo_on_perfboard.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 831
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Post #1 in this thread includes Gerber files for PCB fabs, which you can send to board makers and have your own boards made. Quite a few DIYAudio members have had great success doing this, see item #7 below.

I've used OSHPark, seeed studio, itead studio, and DirtyPcbs to have PCBoards made. All of them built excellent boards at surprisingly low cost. And then you can give away or sell any extra boards that are left over after you build a few Quasimodos.

Attachments

• from_post_number_1.png
    from_post_number_1.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 726
Have Quasimodo V4 through hole version kits for sale in stock. The kit is 29USD with free shipping to the lower states. The kit is standard BOM. The boards are with ENIG finish. Parts are labeled and packaged in small plastic bags.
The shipping to most European countries is $9.45 by USPS First Class International Mail vs $2.32 to the lower states in the United States. Please PM your e-mail for an invoice.

Okay, I've read through the relevant files, built it, did the math, thought about it, read over 500 posts about it (and I don't think I missed the explination), but still, I don't get it. Why a 4 switch DIP when a 2 switch would have done the same? Why have besides the all switch off 120Hz option, also the 600Hz, 2500Hz and 3000Hz options? If the 120Hz is suficient for anything I might want to do with this, then I will just leave the DIP switch out like it is now. So........... Mark, what were your original reason(s) why you included the DIP switches.

Attachments

• Quasi.JPG
    Quasi.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 900
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Think about it for a while. If you'd rather not think, if you just want somebody to tell you the answer, it's there among the first 49 posts in the CheapoModo discussion thread.

{I've set up my DIYA profile to display 50 posts at a time, rather than the default 10 posts at a time}

About DIP switches: I prefer the gold plated contact types. Here they are at Mouser Electronics (attached). Which of these would YOU use in a Quasimodo ThruHole board?

_

Attachments

• DIP_switches.png
    DIP_switches.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 899